Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Alyssa's P.O.V.

After Michael had left the cells, I went back to sitting on the floor, until I heard the door to the cells open yet again. I stood up, and waited to see who it was this time. Surprisingly the footsteps didin't stop in front of my cell, but in front of Jeff's.

I heard them open his cell by the rattling that the keys were making in their hands.

"You are free to go now," said a man.

Jeff did not respond, but I heard him shuffling through the wall so I presumed he was getting up. I heard the cell being closed again so that probably meant that Jeff had already gotten out.

I heard five footsteps in the direction of my cell so I looked up.

"Where are you going?' the guard asked Jeff.

"Just give me a sec," he said before he came to stand in front of my cell.

"Fine," the guard replied.

I walked to the front of the cells so that I was standing in front of him now. Jeff looked dirty as I probably did for being in a place like this.

He also wasn't wearing a shirt due to him haven given it to me the day before.

"I heard what the alpha said to you," he said to me quietly even though everyone could probably hear our conversation do to our acute sense of hearing.

Although I doubt anyone would say anything to Michael, him being the reason that they were locked up in the first place.

I stayed quiet, and waited for him to continue.

"You promised you would help me get my sister back, so in return I promise that I will help you get your friend back, and get away from this place," he whispered.

"Give it some time, I don't even know where they are keeping her."

"I'll investigate with some of my friends don't worry."

"Okay," I replied.

"See you later," he said before he walked in the direction of the exit leaving me alone.

After Jeff had left I sat back down and went into deep thought. Should I try to escape and risk something happening to Amber, or should I stay here, and hope that Blake comes and rescues us.

That was all I was thinking about as I sat there.

I grew curious, so I looked forward to the cell in front of me. I fixated my eyes on it because of how dark it was in here. In it there was a woman with dark brown hair who appeared to be in her mid- thirties with two little children of each gender huddled close to her.

All three of them were sitting on the bed that was in the cell, that appeared to actually be clean.

The mother looked from one to another like if someone would come, and take them away from her at any second, I saddened me because she was right to be frightened because something could happen to any of them any second, if Michael were to get angry.

He didn't say anything as he just stared at me, the hopeless look in his eyes saddening me.

The mother must have noticed that he was looking at me because she turned her attention to me too. She didn't say anything either, but unlike the boy she immediately looked away like if she were embarrassed.

"Allen it's rude to stare," she said quietly to him.

"I'm sorry mama," the boy responded looking away from me.