Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Alyssa's P.O.V.

After we had retrieved Amber from the beat down house that she was in we took of running toward the cells that were located in the backyard of the pack house. I though the fight would still be going on, but I was proved wrong. 

No one was there, the place was completely deserted.

I was going to communicate with Blake through mind link to see what was happening, and where they had went off to, but I decided against it.

He was out there probably fighting right now, I couldn't be distracting him.

Once we had managed to pry open the door to the entrance of the prison, I walked in followed by Zach in human form. Everyone one else stayed outside guarding the entrance.

Just like I had thought no one was guarding the cells. They were probably all out fighting with Michael which most likely would not go to well for them.

Shows how good of an alpha Michael is that he leaves the prisoners unprotected, well if you could even call these poor women, and children prisoners.

Everyone that was locked up were screaming, and pleading with what every energy that had left  to be set free. The women were yelling at us to free their children first.

That is what a mother does put her children before herself and anyone else.

It hurt to see what Michael had done to these people, keeping them locked up, and starved from the looks of the sunken faces of most of  the prisoners. There eyes appeared lifeless.

I found where the keys were kept and grabbed them with my snout, handing them over to Zach who was in human form so that he would be able to free the prisoners.

One by one he went through all the cells unlocking them.

Everyone ran out glad to finally be free, after who knows how long. 

I mind linked Zach to tell them exactly what I was saying seeing as they would not be able to understand me otherwise.

"After you have been set free don't run away, a couple of miles away there is a fight taking place and if you run you could get hurt or even killed. Please remain calm and stay in the backyard  we're only trying to help you," Zach said out loud repeating the words that I was saying to him through mind link.

Once all of the people managed to make it out of the cells and over to the backyard everyone remained still just looking back and forth from me to Zach waiting for instructions while at the same time remaining cautious. From the looks of their faces they were still having trouble comprehending what was taking place.

I stood there for a second contemplating whether we should go to where the fight was taking place, or stay with the rest of the freed prisoners where we were safe.

I had just made my descison when howls started filling my ear. I recognized that howl it was Blake's and various other wolves.

Every wolf that was in the backyard with me shifted into their own wolf form even though they were in bad shape, and howled along.

Everyone knew what this meant.

It meant that Michael was dead.

Finally his reign as pack alpha had ended for good.

Since I knew that Michael was dead, that meant that all of the fighting had stopped so it was safe to go to Blake now. I too off running for the direction in which the howls came from anxious to see Blake again after all this time when my path was suddenly blocked by Travis.