Great Day-1

Today is gonna be great.

Brett, my boyfriend, said he was gonna pick me up for school because he had something to give me, which I was totally excited for.

I heard a car honk from outside and the smile on my face grew bigger. I ran downstairs with my things and said goodbye to my mom and dad, who were drinking their morning coffee, on my way out the door.

I saw his black Bentley parked in the driveway and made my way over to it and got in the passenger seat.

I faced him. "Hey ba--"

I didn't get to finish because his lips were on mine. I smiled in the kiss and started kissing back. My hands tangled in his hair and his in mine.

I pulled away, smiling. "Is that what you came to give me?"

He chuckled. "No, silly," he pecked my lips. "I'll give it to you when we get to school."

I pouted and sat back in my seat. "Okay."

He pulled out of the driveway and we made our way to the school. He parked in the parking lot and that's when I got excited again.

He put the car in park and I turned to him. "Okay, we're here. What is it?"

He gave me a serious look. "Close your eyes."

I gave him a confused look but did it anyways.

I heard him shuffle for a little bit before he told me to open my eyes.

I opened them and saw that he was holding out a box with diamond earrings in them.

My eyes widened when I saw them. I looked up at Brett with my mouth hanging open.

"Happy anniversary."

I grinned at him and took them from his hands. "I love them but....you do know our anniversary is tomorrow, right?"

Which, is Saturday. Today is Friday.

His smile started to fade. "I know. That's what I wanted to talk to you about."

I scrunched my eyebrows. "About...?"

He turned his body so, he wasn't facing me. "Well, you know, my grandma's in the hospital and she, um, wants my family to come visit her for her birthday because she doesn't think she will make it for her next one." He sighed, facing me this time. "And she lives in Texas, you know, so I can't just visit you," he grabbed my hands, "I'm sorry, babe. I'll make it up to you."

I squeezed his hands. "You don't have to make it up to me. It's understandable."

Even though, on the inside, I was kinda upset but it's understandable.

"So, you're not mad?"

I shook my head. "Of course not."

He breathed a sigh of relief. "Okay, sweet."

I leaned in about to kiss him but there was a knock on his window.

"C'mon, you two lovebirds, class is about to start." Justin, one of Brett's best friend, said and then walked off to the school.

Brett groaned. "Dickhead," he muttered, "but he's right, let's go."

I put the gift in my bag and got out of the car. And we made our way, his arm around my shoulder, in the school.

_____

"You're, like, the luckiest girl in the world."

"Seriously, Jules, those are so gorgeous."