New People-5

I just have to say this real quick but thIS VIDEO MADE ME CRY, LIKE LEGIT!

Okay, you can read the story now.

________

Do you ever walk into a room and there's just an awkward silence? Like, everyone is just staring at you and you feel so out of place?

That's how it is right now.

We walked into a house and everyone turned their heads to look at us. I could tell some people were really confused on why I was here.

Grant cleared his throat and waved his hand. "Hey, guys, this is Julianne and she's gonna join us."

I started to slowly back up but I felt I hand push me back up.

"You gotta give it a try." Dave whispered to me.

No one said anything and Grant gently grabbed my wrist pulling me over to a couch. He let go of my wrist and we sat down and everyone started to whisper quietly to themselves.

There was about nine or ten people here so, it wasn't that crowded. There were snacks on tables and some people were sitting on the floor.

I leaned over to Grant. "Uh, I don't think I'm wanted here."

"Well, their just gonna have to deal with it."

"Grant!" Someone yelled his name and we both looked over and saw a short girl coming our way.

He smiled at her. "Hey, Felicity."

She scowled. "Don't 'hey, Felicity' me. You're late!"

He groaned. "I know and I'm sorry but I just had to get someone."

She threw her hands up in exasperation. "You and Dave were supposed to help me set up everything but no I did it all by myself!"

He rolled his eyes, mumbling. "I'm sure you did and like I said I brought someone. Her name is Julianne."

She paused and then burst out laughing. "Come on, Grant. Stop fucking with me. Did you just say you brought Julianne Banks here?"

He put his hand on my lower back which caused me to sit up straighter. "Fliss, she's literally sitting right next to me."

Her laughter started to fade as she finally noticed I was here and made eye contact with me. "Oh, you are here."

I smiled, politely. "Hi, nice to meet you."

She scrunched her eyebrows. "Same, I guess."

And then she walked away. She said same but honestly, her face was telling a whole different story.

I frowned. "What was that all about?"

He put his mouth in a tight line and just shrugged. For some reason, I didn't seem to believe him.

"Okay, everyone!" a girl in bright clothes stood in the middle of the room getting everyone's attention. She was holding a bowl full of paper, it looked like.

She beamed at everyone. "I'm glad to see everyone here! I always love seeing you guy's faces. You all-"

"Get on with it, Summer!" some guy yelled.

She let out a giggle. "Oh, right, sorry. Anyways, today we are all here to play...Dare to Spin!"

Some groaned while some cheered.

"So, some of you might not know what the game is so, I'll explain. You have a bowl of dares, which, by the way, thank you everyone for putting your dares in."