Time to Plan-22

"So, you're birthday is coming up."

Grant gives me an uninterested look before going back to studying for a test in his next period. "And?"

Dave hummed. "Yeah, Grant has never been interested in his birthdays."

Felicity agrees. "Like two years ago, for example, we tried to at least force him to go laser tagging for his birthday but he didn't want to. So, we ate cake at his house which, was super lame."

Grant frowns, looking up from his work. "Hey, I liked it."

Felicity rolls her eyes and goes back to eating her fruit cup.

Kane speaks up. "We could throw you a super cool huge ass party. It would be so fun."

"I don't see Grant doing something like that for his birthday." Robin intervenes.

Grant shakes his head, agreeing with Robin. "Yeah, no, huge ass parties."

Them talking about parties struck an idea inside of me. I smirk to myself before putting on a blank face. I place my hand on Grants' arm. "Grant's right. No huge ass parties. If you don't want to do anything for your birthday then we won't."

Felicity complains. "What? You too, Jules? You guys are lame."

Grant ignores her, giving me a loving look. "Thank you for getting me."

I smile. "Yeah, no problem."

The bell rings signaling the end of lunch and we all get up throwing away our trash. I wait for Grant by the exit to finish throwing away his trash. When he's done, he comes up to me and we walk out of the cafeteria.

We're on our way to my class when Grant says, "You know, I've been thinking that we should stop our tutoring sessions."

I frown, looking at him. "Why?"

He lifts his eyebrows. "Well because one you've been doing really good, you don't really need me anymore. And two, the semester is about to end so, there's no point. And besides, you're still on the cheerleading team so, obviously you're coach knows you're improving."

I nod, realizing he's right. "Yeah, you're right. But I am gonna need you before our final is given to us."

We stop outside of my classroom. "Yeah, of course but right now, we can stop."

I look into his eyes and see that there was more behind him not wanting to tutor me anymore. "Is this also about your dad?" I say, quietly.

He sighs, nodding. "Yeah, I told my mom about me seeing him and she wasn't happy about me finding out because she knew, which, I don't know if I should be mad about that or not but anyways, I feel like I need to be with her more."

I grab his hand, interlacing our fingers. "That's good, you should."

He smiles and brings my hand up to his mouth, planting a kiss on it and then brings me in for a hug. "I'll see you later, okay?"

I close my eyes in statisfaction against his chest. "Okay."

We pull away and he gives me one last smile before he walks away. I turn around, watching him walk off with a smile on my face, realizing how happy Grant makes me. I turn back around about to head into my class but what I see next prevents me from going.

My eyebrows squint in confusion when I see Amelia and Justin walking down the hallway together. They stop in front of what I'm assuming is her class. They both laugh at whatever they were talking about and then Justin looks around before he leans down and kisses her. My eyes widen in shock. Are they dating?

She shyly pulls away before hugging him and walking further down the hallway to get to her class. I hide behind my open classroom door so she doesn't see that I saw them.

That had to be the most confusing thing I've ever seen. Amelia with Justin? Is this why she didn't want to be with Kane? Is this also the reason she wasn't at lunch with us today? I'll definitely have to ask her about it later.

-

Everyone that was close to Grant was at my house. We were all sitting in the living room and I was just waiting for one more person to arrive so I can start this. They were all confused when I started a groupchat with all of them and they still don't know why they're here.

Knowing Dave, he's the first to become impatient. "Jules, can we please just get started? I'm tired of being confused."

"We're still waiting for one person." I say.

Just as I finish speaking, the front door opens and we all turn to see just who I was waiting for.

I smile and walk over to her. "Hi, Mrs. Moore."

Yes, Grant's mom is the one I was waiting for.

She politely smiles at me and pulls me into a hug. I hug her back and then she pulls away. "Hi, Julianne." she looks around my house. "Your parents have a nice house."

I grin. "Thank you and thank you for coming, you can just sit down on the couch."

She nods and walks over to the couch, sitting down next to Max. I look at Felicity and she gives me a big smile with a thumbs up. I smile back at her and then make my way to stand in front of everyone.

I clasp my hands together. "Okay, I have gathered you all here together to plan something. We all know Grant's birthday is in two weeks so, I thought it would be a great idea to throw him a surprise birthday party."

Dave raises his hand. "Um, objection. Grant said he didn't want a party."

I hold my pointer finger up. "Actually, he said he didn't want a huge ass party and this will not be that because there's only eight of us."

Mrs. Moore speaks up. "Knowing my son, he will love this. He loves small, intimate things and this is just that, especially with everyone he's close with."

I beam. "Okay, yay, so we're doing this. So, who's bringing what?"

We spend thirty minutes planning everything for this surprise. It was gonna be at Grant's house and it was all very exciting. I couldn't wait to do this for him. I've never had such strong feelings for someone before like I do with Grant. Not even Brett. And it's crazy because we aren't even a couple. Yet.

I just really hope he likes this surprise party.

A/N:

Don't forget to vote and comment :)