Tutor-2

Brett hasn't texted or called me since he's been in Texas but I try not to let it affect me because I know he's just spending time with his grandmother. It's Monday and he won't be back until Wednesday. But I miss him so much.

I'm in my second period, which happens to be my trigonometry class, and I'm writing down notes trying to understand the numbers and the letters that are jumbled together.

"Why are you writing down notes when you don't have to?" I hear a whisper to my right.

I look at the rebellious girl sitting next to me because of the arranged assigned seats. She has her feet propped up on the desk and and I smell the stench of cigarette smoke coming from her clothes. She's dressed in all black and has dark make-up on that makes her look very intimidating. But wierdly, her name was Charlotte but she liked to be called Charlie.

I frown and whisper back to her. "We are supposed to take notes. That's why they're on the board."

She looked up at the board and then shrugged. "Oh, too late."

"We have thirty minutes of class left."

"Oh, too late."

I shook my head and turned back to my notes, writing down what I missed. I began to highlight the confusing things that didn't seem to make since to me.

"What're doing that for?"

I turned my head to the right to see that now she was watching me take my notes.

"You don't usually do that." she stated.

I nodded. "Yeah, I don't but I've been struggling so, I kinda have to."

She raised her eyebrows. "Like, 'needing a tutor' struggling or 'I got a B and my parents don't like it' struggling."

I hesitated on telling her. "Like..like 'I need a tutor' struggling."

"Well-"

I stopped her. "I hope you're not implying to help me because no offense but you're doing worse than me in this class."

She rolled her eyes. "Of course not, I was just gonna suggest a person that can help you."

I perked up at that. "Really? Who?"

But before she could answer, the teacher interrupted our conversation. "Ladies, I would like it if you kept it quiet back there. And for goodness sake, get your feet off my desk Charlotte."

We both stopped talking and I just finished my notes while she removed her feet from the desk. I was surprised when she didn't say a smart remark to the teacher.

Twenty minutes later into class and we had ten minutes left of it. The teacher was done with class so he just let us do what we want.

Charlie went to go sit next to her other friends but I grabbed her hand before she could go.

"Wait, tell me someone that can help me."

"Oh, yeah," I let go of her hand as she sat back down. She came closer to me, talking lowly. "You see that kid over there."

She pointed to a kid that was sitting in the front of the classroom so, I could only see the back of his head.

I nodded. "Yeah,"

"Well, I heard he was super smart in, like, everything. So, that's your guy right there. His name is Grant Moore."

I looked at her, nervously. "Should I go up to him?"

She rolled her eyes. "Duh, I didn't tell you this for the hell of it."

And then she walked off to her friends.