Fix You-32

___

After our talk in my car, I did start to notice differences in Emily. She was more quiet than normal. She was always in her room even when I was over. She usually would hang out with me and bother Grant but she didn't anymore.

Grant told me that his mom offered therapy to Emily but she only got mad. Grant was also confused about it because he said he knew that his mom would not be able to afford therapy for Emily right now. The bill from the ambulance and the cost of the funeral drained his mom's bank account and she wasn't saying anything but he knew it was.

Right now, I was out for lunch with Emily. I offered because I really wanted to get her out of her room and maybe talking a bit with her would cheer her up.

"So, are you excited to start a new semester?" I asked her.

She shrugs, pushing around her food on her fork. "Sure."

I take a sip from my drink, let down on her answer. "Well, how's it going with that one boy?"

Suddenly, she drops her fork onto her plate, causing the fork to make a loud sound and also causing people to look at us. "Did Grant tell you to do this or my mom?"

I give the people staring an apologetic look then look back at her. "Emily, no, neither of them did, I just wanted to hang out with you."

"Why? Cause you thought it would make me feel better. Well, it's not, I just want to be in my room."

I sigh. "Please just--"

"Please just take me back to my room." she begs, her eyes starting to get glossy.

We sit in silence for a minute before I sigh, hesitantly nodding and grabbing my keys.

After the ten minute drive back to her house, I pull into her driveway and before I could put the car in park, she hops out and made a beeline to the front door.

I run my fingers through my hair, sighing and feeling completely bad for Emily. She wasn't handling this well at all. I wish she would just talk to someone.

A few seconds later, Grant comes out the door, making his way to my car.

My car door opens and Grant sits down closing the door behind him. "What happened?"

I sigh. "She didn't want to talk."

He looked upset. "How do we get her to talk? At this point, it's not healthy for her to sit in her room and be sad."

I grabbed his hand, squeezing it in comfort. "Don't worry, we'll find a way to help her."

"I hope so." he whispers.

-

Two weeks have passed again and it's a new year and a new semester but that's not what's important right now.

Kane and I have our competition in an hour and a week and a half ago, we decided to completely change the idea for our dance. Yeah, I know, probably not the smartest choice for us but we did it anyways. We started practicing longer to really sharpen our moves and in my opinion, it's a really good dance.

Kane was driving us down there with Robin, Grant, and Emily in the car. It wasn't easy convincing Emily to come but I told her it's really important for her to be there so, she came.

Our other friends couldn't make it because all of them already had plans or were busy with something else which, was fine.

My parents couldn't make it cause they both had to work and so did Grant's mom but Kane's parents, who I met for the first time, followed us down here.