Surprised-11

I was standing outside of the cafeteria with my lunch in my hands looking around for a place to sit.

I felt an arm drape around my shoulder. "Where are we sitting today, bud?" Kane says.

"Yeah," Robin says to my left. "because you weren't here yesterday so we snuck in the library to eat."

I bit my lip, still looking around the cafeteria. Every table was occupied with people we didn't know too well. I saw the table I originally sat at and Brett was there and so was Sarah, but they're not sitting close like we all used to, and Amber, who I haven't spoken to in a while. I look farther back to the right of the cafeteria and I see a group of familiar people and a slow smile stretches on my face.

"C'mon guys." I start to walk to the table that Grant is sitting at and for some reason I get excited but yet nervous at the same time.

"Hey," I said when I made it to the table, "you mind if we sit with you?"

Grant turned around when he heard me speak. At the table it was, Felicity, Dave, and the girl with the overalls, who's name I still don't know yet, and a few other people.

He looked surprised, for some reason and gestured towards the table. "Oh, yeah, no problem."

I gave him a grateful smile and I sat down at the empty spot next to him while Kane sat next to overall girl and Robin next to him.

"So," Kane starts in a flirtatious voice to overall girl, "what's your name?"

Her cheeks turned red hot. "A-Amelia."

Robin smacked him in the arm. "Oh, leave the poor girl alone."

He ignored her. "Well, Amelia, I'm Kane and it's a pleasure to meet you."

She gave him a shy smile. "It's nice to meet you too."

"Julianne," I looked up from my food, coming back to reality and saw Felicity speaking to me. She had a sympathetic look on her face and I could tell what was about to come. "It's just I wanted to say I heard about what happened and I'm really sorry."

And I was right.

I shrugged. "It's fine, really, I don't even care anymore."

I said it but did I mean it? Only a little.

"In my opinion," Grant says, "I never really liked Sarah anyways and that Amber girl too but out of all of your friends I do like Robin."

Robin waved him off. "Oh, stop, I like me too."

Kane pushed her shoulder. "Well, what about me? I'm apart of her life now too."

Grant narrowed his eyes. "You're cool, so far."

I threw my hands up in exasperation. "What? So Grant's the man of approval now?"

He tilted his head. "Haven't I always been?"

Dave shook his head, letting out a breathless laugh. "I still can't believe this is happening. The most popular girl is sitting at our table. I mean, this is crazy."

I shrugged. "Well, you can stop treating me like I'm royalty now. We're friends."

Grant turned to me, giving me a look of surprise. "We are?"

I nodded. "Yes, we are."

"Great," Kane says, throwing his arm around Amelia. "I love having new friends."

________

"Are you ready to get started, friend?"

Grant appears out of nowhere and I refrain from screaming and just close my eyes putting my hand over my chest. "Damn, you scared me."