Talking It Out-9

When I got to school on Monday everyone was staring at me. It felt like right after Sarah told me what happened everybody found out. I ignored the stares and whispers as I made my way to my locker alone.

I still haven't seen Brett but he has tried calling me but I haven't been answering him. He has yet to hear what's going around. I don't think he knows I know. But once he does, I'm gonna catch him in his bullshit so fast.

I hear slow footsteps come my way and I look to see Robin and Kane.

They stop next to me both giving me cautious looks. They seem to have become best friends.

I raise my eyebrows at them. "What?"

"Are...are you okay?" Robin asks.

"You weren't kidding about the drama thing." Kane mumbles.

Robin elbows him in the stomach and scowls at him.

He grunts. "Ow...I meant, are you okay?"

I sigh. "I'm fine, guys, seriously."

Robin squints her eyes. "Do you wanna let out some anger? 'Cause if you do I'm with you. I will beat that bitch into no tomorrow and she'll never see it coming! See, I told you back in seventh grade when we first met her there was something fishy I didn't like and guess what? I was right!"

I stare at her, waiting for her to finish because she wasn't finished. "And I'm sorry to bash on you about how I was right but I was. I never liked her and I never will. I think you should start listening to me more."

I gave her a blank stare. "Are you done?"

She lets out a breath. "Yes."

I close my locker shut and put my backpack on. "Good."

I start to walk to my class and they follow me.

"But, seriously," Robin starts. "What are you gonna do?"

I shrug with a sigh. "I honestly don't know. I just feel so angry right now more than hurt that I might just let out some anger."

Kane gasped. "You're gonna fight her?"

I scowl. "No, you dimwit. I think I just need to yell at him more than anything."

"Speaking of the devil." Robin mumbles, looking straight forward.

I follow her gaze and see Brett heading our way. I stop walking and tense up, not expecting to see him yet. He's definitely gonna want to talk because I know he's heard the rumors going around by now.

Kane and Robin stop and they both face me.

"Do you want me to give that asshole what he deserves?" Kane asks, puffing his chest out.

Robin nods. "Yeah, me too."

I shake my head at them. "No, guys," I look back at Brett. "I'm gonna talk to him."

Robin hesitantly, nods. "Okay, but don't fall for any bullshit that comes out of his mouth, alright?"

I nod with a small smile and they both walk away as I make my way to him. When we reach each other we stop.

He goes to grab my hand but I pulled away. He sighs. "Can we talk?"

I silently nod my head and we both go to a secluded area, which was outside.

I stand farther away from him because his presence is just making my blood boil. I keep my arms crossed with my lips pressed into a tight line, waiting for him to explain himself.