Only Trouble-12

It has been one month since Brett and I have broken up and surprisingly he hasn't tried to talk to me and I'm glad.

My dad told mom about Brett cheating on me and she threatened to have him thrown in jail but of course I had to throw reality in her face and tell her that it's literally impossible for someone to go to jail for cheating.

Sarah hasn't tried to speak to me and I haven't spoken to Amber since either, which I don't know why she's not speaking to me because I don't have a problem with her but whatever.

I was sitting at the lunch table I've been sitting at for the past month, which was with Grant and his friends- oh, I meant my friends. They have been very nice to me since I've been sitting at this table but there is one thing I can admit and as much as I hate to say this it's true. But my friends now are way different from the friends I've been used to having. Most of the time, I try to forget that we are apart of a different social group but it's kind of hard when you have so many people doing classwork at the lunch table.

Usually when I was sitting at the 'popular table' I would hear about the next gossip going around the school or the football players would be throwing food at each other. But at this table things are more settled down. I mean, I actually like it because I don't have to worry about food getting down my shirt. Sometimes life throws changes at you and you just have to take it.

"...party this weekend. I really want to go." I hear Kane say.

I perk up. "What? What about a party?"

He turns his attention to me. "There's a party at this dude named Trevor's house and I want to go. Wanna tag along?"

I slumped. "That's one of Brett's friend."

Robin put her hand up. "I tried to tell him."

He rolled his eyes. "So, what?"

"So," I pressed on. "they're friends. That means Brett's gonna be there."

"Again, I say, so what?" he argues. "Just go to have a good time and get drunk, while you're at it."

That did sound very tempting. I did want to get drunk to just forget about what all happened this past month but I also hated myself drunk. Because sometimes I was a fun drunk and then sometimes I was an emotional drunk and knowing what has happened to me this past month there's no doubt I would be an emotional drunk this time.

I shook my head. "I don't know..."

He folded his hands into a begging way. "Please? For me? I haven't been to one party yet since I've moved here and I live for parties."

"That doesn't sound healthy." Grant speaks up.

Suddenly, him talking made me become more aware of him sitting next to me like it's been happening for the past month.

He shrugged. "They're fun. And what about you? You wanna come?"

Grant suddenly got uncomfortable and Dave and Felicity actually started to laugh. Even Amelia started to chuckle to herself a little.

I looked at them funny. "What's funny?"

Dave put his hand on his stomach trying to control his laughter. "It's just...K-kane asked Grant to go to a...party!"

At that it made Dave and Felicity laugh even harder.

I looked back at Grant for an explanation and he just got even more uncomfortable.

I raised my eyebrows. "Well?"

He rubbed his left elbow with his right hand. "I don't go to parties."