Epilogue

___

7 years later

"I'm telling you, you don't have to do this."

"Well, I want too."

"Does Grant want too?"

I looked at Grant while he was making the both of us breakfast in his black robe. It was both of our days off and we wanted to spend the day together to just relax but with Emily's phone call, a change of plans has occurred.

I wave her words off. "He has no choice."

She squeals into the phone. "Oh my gosh, Jules, you are forever the best. Thank you so much!"

I chuckle. "It's no problem. I'll text you when we're on our way. See you soon."

"Okay, bye!"

The phone call ends and an oblivious Grant is walking towards me with a plate of food and some coffee. "Here you go, baby." He gives me a quick peck. "Just how you like it."

My eyebrows go up. "This looks so good, thank you."

After Grant and I both graduated college, we decided to move in together. For a while, we had to do long distance and it was the toughest test to our relationship. Of course, we both trusted each other but then again, we still both worried if we would give up or find someone else which, luckily, never happened.

He takes a sip of his coffee. "Yeah, no problem. What did Emily want?"

"Uh..." I say, nervously. "Well...so, I know today we wanted to just relax in the house cause it's our days off but—"

"Don't even say the words I think you're gonna say." he groans.

"—Emily needs us."

He sighs, putting down his cup of coffee. "For what?"

"She said she's throwing this get together for her friends at that one National Park with the gorgeous field of flowers—"

"The one two hours away?"

"—and she wants us to help her set up and she said we can stay. Isn't that fun?"

He shakes his head. "Absolutely not."

My shoulders slump. "What? Babe, just last week I was talking about how I wanted to go there and this is the time! We can take some really cute couple pictures."

"Okay, fine."

I stopped. "Wait, what?"

He leans his elbows into the table. "I said, yeah, we can help her."

A slow smile grows onto my face. "That was a lot easier than usual. But yay, this is gonna be exciting and we get to help your sister out too. We haven't seen her for a while since she's been at college."

He nods. "That's true. I do miss her."

"Me too. Okay, great, let's get ready!"

I start to stand up but Grant stops me. "Finish your breakfast first. You haven't even touched it."

I pull my lips into a tight line. "Oh, right," I sit back down. "sorry."