Boys-24

At about five o'clock on a random Thursday, just as I was getting out of cheer practice, I got a call from Grant and he sounded pretty urgent. He told me that he needed me to come to his house.

I pull up and put my car in park, immediately hopping out of the car and running to Grant's front door, knocking. It opens instantly and a panicked Grant appears. He sighs in relief. "Thank God, you're here." He pulls me inside by my arm.

He closes the door and I frown in confusion. "What's going on?"

He looks upstairs and then back at me. "It's Emily. She's crying and I don't know how to comfort her, she won't let me."

"Your sister?"

He nods. "Yeah. I need you to help me. I would've got my mom but she's at work right now."

I nod in realization. "Why is she crying?"

He glares into the distance. "Apparently, over some boy."

I smile. "Well, you've called the right person."

He smiles in gratitude, looking back at me. "Good." He pushes me by my shoulders towards the stairs. "Go ahead and go up and do your magic. It's the last door on the left."

I chuckle and walk up to the door, taking a breath and then knocking softly on the door.

A muffled yell is welcomed back. "I said, go away Grant! You don't understand."

I make my lips into a tight line, thinking I should just walk in. "Uh, it's not Grant." I say back.

It goes quiet for a little bit before I hear footsteps making their way to the door. It opens and I'm met with a confused puffy eyed little girl. She squints her eyes at me. "Who are you?"

I give her a warm smile. "I'm Julianne, Grant's..." I'm stumped on what to refer to myself as, seeing as we haven't clarified what we are. "friend." I go with at the end.

She still stares at me like she didn't know why I was here, saying nothing. Which, she didn't. I break our silence. "Can I come in and talk?"

She wipes at her eyes which, still had tears flowing from them. She looks hesitant but slowly opens her door to me. "Please be better at advice than Grant." she mutters.

I gladly walk in and we go to sit on her bed. She sniffs, looking down at her lap, fiddling with her fingers. "So, I hear this is about a boy?"

She glances at me before looking back down. "Yeah," she mumbles, "a stupid boy that I should've never had a stupid crush on."

My eyebrows scrunch. "What happened?"

"We...we've been talking for a while now and we've been texting everyday and he made it seem like he liked me like I liked him." Her voice starts to break and she sucked in harsh breathes. "But today he texted me saying that he got a girlfriend and that I shouldn't text him anymore because she won't like it. Why are boys so stupid?" she breaks down, sobbing into her hands.

I put my arm around her, pulling her in, frowning because of what this boy caused. She leans her face into my chest, crying there. I rub her arm. "We won't ever know that but I'll tell you something I heard a while back. Every heartbreak you have brings you closer to your soulmate. And when you grow older, you'll find more mature guys and they might not be the one either but you just have to remember, if it didn't happen or last longer, it wasn't supposed too."

Her cries become softer and she lifts her head up from my chest. She wipes at her face before giving me a smile. "I never thought of it like that. Thank you."

I nod, grinning. "You're welcome and always remember that."

She wraps her arms around me and I don't hesitate in wrapping mine around her. I lean my head onto her head, smiling in satisfaction.

A few minutes later, we both head downstairs to see Grant sitting on the couch watching TV. When he notices us, he stands up and makes his way over. He looks down at his sister. "How are you feeling?"

She smiles. "A lot better." She says, smiling up at me and then looking back at her brother, rolling her eyes. "No thanks to you."

"What?" He says in shock. "If it wasn't for me, Jules wouldn't be here."

She waves him off. "Whatever." And then she turns to me. "Thank you again, Julianne."

I smile. "No problem."

She goes back upstairs to her room and I look at Grant with a smirk on my face. He gives me an astonished look. "How did you do that?"

I give him jazz hands. "I worked my magic."

His eyebrows raise. "Well, expect a call from me everytime she's upset and my mom's not here."

I walk over to sit on his couch and he follows. "I wouldn't even mind."

He stares at me with a faint smile on his lips and my heart begins to beat from just that look. I put my hair behind my ear. "What?" I mutter, softly.

He leans in and our lips meet in a soft kiss. He cuffs my cheek and I place my hand on the back of his neck. The kiss starts to become deeper and my heart begins to beat faster. But before it could go any further, Grant pulls away but still stays close, leaning his forehead on mine. "I-I need to ask you something." he says, breathlessly.

I stare into his eyes. "Yeah?"

He pulls back slightly and I can tell he's nervous. He grabs my hand. "I was wondering...if you would want to be my girlfriend?"

A very big smile begins to form on my face and my heart starts to ache in happiness. "Oh my gosh, yes, of course."

He sighs in relief and lets out a laugh. "Thank God, you didn't say no."

I roll my eyes with a smile still on my face and I attack him with a kiss, making him fall backwards on the couch. His arms go around my waist to steady us and I tangle my fingers in his hair.

I pull away, giving him a loving look. "I would've never said no."

A/N:

It's official!! XD