Concern-10

I made it home safe and sound.

I went to my room and changed into something more comfortable which was, sweatpants and a tank top. Since my makeup was ruined by the crying I did earlier I decided to take it off.

Three Netflix movies later and school was let out already. I paused the movie that I started and thought of a good idea. To get rid of everything Brett gave me.

I went to my jewelry box and got out all the jewelry he ever gave me. I didn't care how beautiful everything was, I was not keeping it. Then I went to my closet and got out all the dresses he ever bought me which was all he bought me, were dresses.

I piled the three dresses on my bed and put the jewelry on top of it. I wasn't gonna give everything back to him, it was no use to him. I think I might sell them on Ebay.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by a knock on my front door.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. I went downstairs and opened it.

It was Grant.

My eyebrows raised. "Oh, Grant, what are you doing here?"

He seemed nervous. "I'm sorry, is this weird? I just came because, I don't know, you might need someone right now and now that I think about it that person's probably not me so, I'm just gonna..." he started to walk away, awkwardly rubbing his shoulder.

I called his name and my heart ached at how he decided to come check on me. "Grant, wait!"

He turned around. "Yeah?"

I opened the door for him to come in. A smile slowly stretched on his face and he practically ran back to my house. I closed the door when he made it inside.

We both stood there in my living room, silently.

He cleared his throat. "I came over to make sure you were really okay."

I chuckled, slightly, looking down and then back up at him. "I keep telling you, yes, I'm fine."

He moves over to sit on the couch and he pats the spot next to him. I slowly walk over and sit down.

He looks into my eyes, unblinking and says, "I want you to tell me what happened. Why were you in the janitors closet?"

"I never thought you were the one for drama." I say, jokingly trying to lighten the mood.

He grabs my hand and it takes me by surprise. "Julianne."

"Okay," I say, actually trying to focus on the story other than the way his hands felt holding mine. "I got to school and I saw Brett. He asked to talk so, I said yes. We started to argue about the situation and I told him that we were over and-and then he grabbed me and tried to get me to talk to him more but I made it clear that I didn't want to be together anymore. So, he had a really tight grip on my wrist but I got loose and started running and he started to chase me. So, then I found the janitors closet and hid in there until he was gone."

I let out a breath after finishing the story. Grant looked down at my wrist and he frowned at it, rubbing his fingers along it. The way he used such a gentle touch, touching me like I was porcelain glass, made shivers go through my body.

He had deep creases in his forehead. "Julianne, he left a bruise."

I looked down at it, not realizing that he left a bruise. It wasn't that noticeable but if you look really close you can tell. It was light purple of his fingerprints. I didn't even notice because it didn't hurt.

He briefly looked up at me. "Does it hurt?"

I shook my head. "No."

He pressed down on it and that's when it started to hurt. I clenched my teeth together and he stopped once he realized he was hurting me. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."