Amends-7

I hear a knock on the front door and I look at the time and see it's only five-ten. Well, he's early.

I go downstairs and open the door expecting to see Grant but it's Brett.

He's holding something behind his back and he silently walks in when I open the door for him to come in.

I close the door and face him with my arms crossed, waiting for him to speak.

He sighs. "I don't like fighting with you."

I didn't say anything so he continued, "And I'm sorry." He stepped closer to me. "I brought you this." He took his hands from behind his back and it was a jewelry box.

I took it, hesitantly and opened it. It was a bracelet with one single stone in the middle. It was gorgeous.

I smiled to myself and set it down on the near table. I stepped closer to him and wrapped my arms around him. "Thank you for the gift and thank you for apologizing."

He put his hands on my waist. "So, you forgive me?"

I chuckled, looking up at him. "Yes, I forgive you."

He bent down and kissed me and it felt really nice. I kissed him back and his arms around me tightened. He backed me up against the door and started to kiss my neck. I tangled my fingers in his hair, closing my eyes at the feeling of his lips on my neck. He started to slowly lift my shirt but before he could take it off there was a knock on the door.

I jumped, startled by the loud knock.

Brett groaned and said through the door, angrily. "Who is it?"

"Grant."

I sighed, closing my eyes. "Oh, yeah, I have tutoring today."

I adjust my clothes and brush my fingers through my hair and then open the door.

I smile at him, as he walks in. "Hey."

He gives me a small nod and I close the door. I make sure to keep my eyes on him and Brett as I close the door because yeah, you know. Grant ignores Brett and starts to head to the kitchen but Brett steps in his way and I tense up, thinking the worst is about to happen.

But the unexpected happens, Brett reaches out his hand for a handshake. I can tell Grant is confused by the way he slowly reaches out his hand to shake his hand.

"I've decided to make amends with you, ne- I mean, Grant." he says.

I make my way to Brett and put my hand on his arm and smile up at him. "Thank you." I whisper to him.

Grant looks between us, confused. "Um, okay."

Brett gives him a short nod and gives me a kiss on the forehead and then he leaves.

I beam at Grant. "Okay, let's get started."

He heads to the kitchen without saying anything and my smile slowly fades, confused on why he's being so quiet. He's not even making his usual sarcastic remarks.

I finally go to the kitchen and see him waiting for me at the table, his supplies spread out.

"Can we go to my room? I want to be comfortable and those wooden chairs aren't." I said.

He nods and picks up his stuff and starts to walk up the stairs and I follow him. I frown because I actually set myself up for a sarcastic or even a smart remark right there. Like, I was expecting, well, the chair is wooden or something like that. But no, nothing.

He stops in front of my door and he's never been inside my room so, the reason he knows this is my room because I have a cheerleading sticker on my door. I open it and walk in and he follows and leaves the door open.