You Talk A Lot-3

That's Grant up there ^^

____

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8!" I counted, as the music started to play right after.

This is the dance we have been practicing for competition for a while now. I went full out as I transitioned to my spot. I made my way to the single base and he went to lift me but I guess his hand slipped and he dropped me but thankfully caught me.

"Topher!" I complained. "You can't mess up this is for competition."

The music stopped and he ran a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry I thought you were doing a double twist."

Coach made her way over to us. "No excuses, Topher. Get it right next time. The first is a single twist the next one is a double twist, got it?"

He nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

She gave him a thumbs up and walked back over to the radio. "Back from the beginning!"

I walked back to my spot from the beginning and I looked at coach to see if she was ready. She nodded at me.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8!"

_______

I wiped off my sweat as I was changing out of my practice uniform and into something less sweaty. Some girls were taking showers but I was gonna wait until I got home.

"Hey, Jules," I turned around and saw Sarah.

I gave a closed-mouth smile. "Hey."

She ran a brush through her wet hair. "You gonna go with us to the mall?"

Then Amber came over, "Yeah, you comin'?"

I shook my head as I pulled my shirt over my head. "I can't today guys. Today's my tutoring day, I told you guys."

Sarah frowned. "Yeah, but you can skip, right? I mean, you have other days you can get tutored."

I scrunched my eyebrows. "No, I can't, this is serious." I put my clothes and my pom-poms in my bag and put the strap on my shoulder. "Sorry, guys, but maybe another day."

She crossed her arms. "Fine, then we'll just ask someone else." and then she walked away with Amber following.

I frowned and began making my way out of the dressing room. Did she not understand that I needed to do this or I would get kicked off the team? I mean, she should because I told her about it.

I walked out the gym and checked my phone and saw I still had ten minutes before the tutoring session. I looked up and I saw Grant sitting on the floor against the wall on his phone.

I slowly stopped walking towards the exit and made my way to him.

I stopped in front of him and kicked his foot. "Hey, what are you doing?"

He looked up from his phone, startled by me. "Oh, you're out." He put his phone in his pocket and stood up.

"Why are you here?"

He pointed at me. "Because I realized that I have no clue where you live. And I don't have your number so, I couldn't text you and then I remembered that you said you had cheerleading practice today so, I decided to wait on you."

I shook my head at him. "Wow, a lot comes out of your mouth."

He rolled his eyes and pushed my shoulder towards the door. "Shut up and let's go."

I chuckled and walked out the door with him following.

I pulled into my driveway and so did Grant. I grabbed my bag from the passenger seat and I went to open my door but it was already open with Grant holding the door. I raised my eyebrows at how nice he was being.