Night Out-16

"It's car-mel."

"No, it's car-a-mel."

"No, stop."

"Then where does the 'a' go?"

"Up your ass."

Kane looks at Robin, blankly. "Ha ha, very funny but I'm serious."

"Well, I'm serious too!" Robin exclaims. "The 'a' is silent."

For the past ten minutes, while I was texting Grant about the plan today, these nutters have been going on about how to pronounce the word caramel. I know, ridiculous, right?

"Can you guys shut up for a second?" I say, rubbing at my temples.

They just look at me and then continue on with their conversation.

My phone bings and I look down to see a text from Grant.

Grant the Smartie: what time are you picking me up?

I text back, 6 and yeah I know the game starts at 7 but I'm a cheerleader so I have to be there early, if you don't mind :)))

Grant the Smartie: yeah, it's fine but what am I gonna do until the game starts?

I don't know. There'll be a few people early too so your not the only one ;)

Grant the Smartie: oh great, that's reassuring

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not but knowing you you probably are

Grant the Smartie: yeah, you're right

I let out a small chuckle at his response.

"Who's got you all googly-eyed?" Kane says, narrowing his eyes.

I snap my head towards him. "What? I'm not googly-eyed. What drugs are you on, Kane? You seriously need to stop."

"Geez," he mutters, "calm down, energizer."

I huff. "I am calm."

And then he attempts to mock me and says in a high-pitched voice, "I am calm."

"I'm hungry." Robin whines, suddenly.

Kane opens his mouth, most likely about to mock her too but Robin gives him a pointed glare. "If you mock me, I promise, I will chop your balls off." and then his mouth closes.

She smiles, triumphantly and then proceeds to lay her head down in his lap.

I roll my eyes at them. "Anyways, are you guys coming to the game?"

"No, I can't," Robin says. "I'm going to this family gathering at my aunts house today and you know how my mom is about those."

I nod, because I do. Mrs Wright tries to have a family gathering at least once a month and if she doesn't she has two a month. Yeah, it's no joke.

"What about you, Kane?" I ask.

He sighs. "No, sorry, Amelia and I are going to....talk later."

I raise my eyebrows. "To talk? About what?"

He subconsciously starts to play with Robins' hair. "I don't know, she texted me like an hour ago saying she wanted to talk but I have a feeling on what's it about."