Chapter 1

Ashley's POV

What's the plan here? I mean, I'm older so I can over-rule what Abby wants to do, but I don't want to be rude...

I mean we could do a short recon to the store down the road and grab stuff, then come straight back...

I do want to see if anyone else is still alive though, or if we are all by ourselves, again...

Abby's POV

"I think we should go and look for supplies in the city," I tell Ashley. I don't know if she wants to or if she's too scared. I can say that I don't think anyone could be calm at this moment.
Yet, I can't help but wonder what would happen if we went into the city...

Ashley's POV

So she did want to go? Huh, ok then, "Yeah sure thing, I was just thinking the same thing. You still got your pistol?"

"Yep, so we're really going out again?"

"Yes, we leave in 5 minutes. Get all your ammo and snacks for a couple hour long trip. We don't know what's out there."

Abby looks up at me and nods. I continue, "Alrighty then, prepare for the worst then, because for all we know, we could be walking straight into hell..."

Abby's POV

I pick up my mom's old work pistol with a silencer. Then grabbed my backpack with 2 water bottles a few granola bars and a first aid kit. You never know what's could happen...

Ashley's POV

After we each got our traveling gear and guns loaded, mine being a shot gun, we went upstairs and out the door.

We'd taken a few steps outside and we could already tell that we could very easily get separated by all the hoards, so we ran inside and each grabbed a walkie-talkie. With our guidelines in place we started our recon to the store for more supplies.

Abby's POV

We ran towards the forest on the side of the road to not run into our deaths. We had been walking through the forest for about 10-15 minuets when I spotted something, it was our old treehouse, "Hey Ashley, look where we are."

"Oh my gosh, it's this old thing..."

Ashley's POV

She cracked a smirk at me, sad to ruin the moment I said, "Come on the back of the store should be right ahead of us. Since your gun has a silencer you shoot any that get attracted to us, alright?"

"Uh, yeah sure thing," I could tell that she was nervous, I mean, who wouldn't be...

"Alright, take it slow now, we don't know what's in here," I whispered as we got to the door, "As soon as I pick this lock, you have your gun ready to shoot, ok?"

Abby's POV

I'm freaking out.
What if I miss the shot and shoot her?
What happens if we get surrounded?
What happens if she dies...

No, don't think like that! I turn and nod, she then starts to pick the lock. I aim my pistol above her head ready to fire. The door swings open and I scan the area for walkers. I don't see any so we move in. She starts filling her bag with food and water while I look around. I get to the front of the store and find a dog half eaten. I shiver and almost throw up, but I then looked through the window it was leaning against. A gun store was sitting on the other side of the street.

That could be useful, I thought as I went towards the back to tell Ashley.

Ashley's POV