Chapter 4

Ashley's POV

Shark's gone quiet since the incident, and to be honest, I'm glad...

I don't really feel like talking to anyone right now...

I just want to be left alone...

If that dick hadn't shot me, he'd be with the fishes right now, but of course! He shot me, thankfully, not my supporting arm when I shoot but getting shot isn't exactly a good thing...

God dammit, it's all my fault. I'm sorry Abby...

I'm sorry that I'm a horrible sister...

Shark's POV

Of all the things that could've gone wrong today... It couldn't have been a simple horde of zombies earlier, it HAD to be this... Damn these two have been thru so much together...

3rd Person

-Unknown location-

In this building there are windows to the outside world surrounding each level. It has a lighthouse type feel to the place. The first and second floor are exactly the same, bullet proof glass and chains on the wall here and there. Entrances are the door to the outside on the first level, and a connecting hallway on the second level. The third floor however is the light room, which has bullet proof glass around all sides, and a view of the entire surrounding area.

This is where a chain has been put to use, to secure a little girl on the 1st floor...

Ashley's POV

-The next day-

I still can't believe that it all actually happened... I keep trying to fall asleep and wake up to find that it was all just a bad dream... but I still haven't woken up...

The guys are doing their normal routine and just giving me space. They have been checking in on me every once in a while, like right now.

This time it was Ghetto, "Hey Ashley, you doing alright?"

"I've been better."

"Shark told me to talk to you since I know how you feel about losing someone close to you."

Huh, "Really?"

"Yeah, actually it wasn't too long ago when Red took him from us..."

Red? "I recognize the name Red, that was the guy from yesterday, wasn't it?"

He sighed, "Unfortunately, yes."

Ah shit, "That bastard... who did he get last time? You don't have to answer, but... It's just that I want to know how I'm going to kill this guy."

"It's alright, I understand completely. Last time he killed a kid that was with us, who's name was Jordan. He was younger than Abby actually, and we bumped into him on the way home from a supply run. Even before we were friends with AK actually."

Wow, "Really? Wow, how did you meet AK then?"

"Uh, it wasn't exactly on the nicest terms... Lets just say I may or may not have been kidnapped by him and Nick had to come get me. We've put it behind us, so no worries."

Talk about a bad first impression, "When did you come to good terms with AK then?"

He chuckles, "Not too long after he had kidnapped Jordan from us and we chased him down with our newly found friend, Shark. It had turned out that when we found AK again, Jordan had been taken by a guy named Red... And that's where hell began..."

I walked over to him and encouraged him to sit down on my bed so we could keep talking. "So that's the first time that you heard that devil's name..."

"Yeah... We ended up partnering up with AK to get him back since he had grown a bond with him as well... But when we did finally got to Jordan, he was duct-taped up... We got him out of there as fast as we could but Red must've followed us because the next day guess who came walking down our street, oh so nonchalantly..."

"The devil himself?"

"Yep, we ran out there leaving Jordan sleeping in his room since he was recovering, and our guns ready to shoot him down, but what he said stopped us in our tracks..." He stops and lowers his gaze, staring at the floor.

Holy shit... "You don't have to keep going..."

"No, I've already gotten this far... Plus it wouldn't be fair if you didn't know..."

"Ok..."

He took a breath and started again, "When Red got to our barricade he said, 'I was just stopping by to check in. You've got a pretty nice place here... And after asking him why he was there and what did he want, that's when it went south."

He started shaking his head and sighed again, "He said, killing me won't help save your friend Jordan..." He paused.

Putting his head in his hands he finally spit out, "That was when Jordan's room exploded..."

Holy shit...

I hugged him, and after some hesitating, he hugged me back and we just sat there, remembering the ones we've lost...

I don't know how long we sat there but we jumped apart at the sound of an... alarm?