Chapter 20

Sorry it's a bit shorter than I'd like, but I couldn't get to the part I wanted to in the amount of time I had, plus it would've been really long. Be sure to read the little note at the end I need to ask you guys something.

Alright well, Enjoy!

Nick's POV

This city is terrifying at night when you don't have a weapon...

Without the fact that I've got a group of armed men around me ready to shoot, it's unsettling.

I don't know how Sky did it...

I probably would've hid in the corner of a building until tomorrow to be completely honest.

True, I was never put in his position.

Now that I think about it, I hope they're alright...

I hope they find AK in time...

--Flashback to an hour ago--

A smile covers Red's face as he looks me in the eyes, "It's simple really. I thought you would've figured it out by now."

He finally pulls the gun away from AK's head, well, enough where it's not digging into it.

Now what's he doing...

Red chuckles as he shakes his head, "I thought you would've known that there can't be any witnesses, Nick."

No.

He wouldn't...

"Red..."

I see him smirk as he pulls his arm back. I try to speak as AK makes eye contact with me, with the most fear I've ever been able to see through his eyes, but I can't. My voice gets stuck in my throat.

That is, until Red starts to swing his arm forward, my thoughts finally spill from my mouth.

"NO! AK!"

Red hits AK with the butt of his gun, and as AK falls to the floor I lower my head, what now...

I can't do anything...

Red, you bastard...

I look back up to see Red bent down, and binding AK's hands with a little rope. Then, looking satisfied, he stands up and looks me dead in the eyes, "I am leaving him behind Nick, since I might as well give you some false hope, but... I never said I wasn't planning on picking him up later."

No, "You're sick in the head, ya know that?"

Red smirks as he nods toward one of the guys holding me, and they head toward AK.

Shooting glares at Red, as I'm grabbed tighter from behind as I watch the guard pick up AK.

Red looks at me again with a look of victory on his face. "What, I'm not gonna leave him in the open. I mean, I would put him back where Barney was, but I don't like my food rotten..."

The guard and AK leave down the hallway behind Red, and the guard throws AK into the room. Closing the door he then proceeded to barricade the door.

I hope he can wake up and escape before Red comes back here..."You're sick. You're all disgusting and revolting people."

"Aww, thanks Nick, I think that's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me since the turn."

"There's a special place in hell for you Red..."