Chapter 19

Why hello everybody! Welcome to summer (or the last days leading up to it)!!

Here's the next chapter, I hope you enjoy it. I made it pretty long since I've been gone for so long. But anyyywayyy...

Enjoy guys!

Sky's POV

Gotta. Get. To. The. Guys.

My breathing is labored as I continue my sprint back to the ship. Weaponless, out of breath and fatigued in the middle of the apocalypse.

Great.

Reason I have no weapon is my gun ran out of bullets a long time ago, and I ended up having to throw it at a zombie's head to be able to get away from it.

So here I am. Weaponless and fatigued to all hell...

I can't go much further like this...

It's now completely dark out as I run for my life through the darkened city.

I thank whatever god there is as I start to recognize the area, at least I'm almost there...

There could be a horde any minute now and I'd be toast...

Finally making it to the buildings on the corner near the docks, I break into a sprint on the final stretch.

Please someone be watching for me.

As my feet hit the wood of dock, I yell as loud as I can, "NICK! JESS! ANYBOdy!!" My voice is hoarse and it cracks, causing me to slow my run as I start coughing uncontrollably.

I finally just fall on my knees in front of the ladders leading on to the boat, a coughing and sobbing mess.

I can hear the guys hurrying around the boat and someone hurrying down the ladder, probably trying to get my attention.

I see their boots land in front of me but I can't focus enough to hear what they're saying.

My mind went in a panic when I heard a gun near me cock, and I probably jumped three feet in the air. My head snaps up and toward the noise as I scramble away from it, to see someone glance down at me and say something, but I don't hear him. I feel someone drop onto the dock behind me and an arm goes around my shoulders, I try to get away but I'm pulled into someone's chest as they turn me to face them and they hold me.

I start to hear someone whispering calming things in my ear, and my mind finally starts to register things again. First, I realize that Nick cocked his gun to just watch for zombies. Secondly I notice what's happening...

Someone's hugging me as I cry my unknowingly flowing tears.
I look at the person holding me and see that it's Jess. When I see that it's her, I just break down...

I break down completely and put my head on her shoulder to steady myself as I cry, hugging her back as she tries to calm me.

Everything just crashes down on me again as I realize that I'm going to have to tell her...

But... Maybe there is still a chance...

After all, I didn't see him get killed, and I didn't hear him yell in pain when     -that-    happened...

I need to tell them.

Lifting my head far enough off Jess's shoulder so I could speak clearly, I talk loud enough so Nick could hear, "G-guys... t-the b-bank... He... He just t-told me to run, I-I..." I can't. I can't get myself to say it.