Chapter Three

"Well guess what, one guy likes you, a lot. And his name is Ashley Purdy."

I stared back at him with awe, my heart beating faster every second. I didn't know what to say. I had never had a friend before, let alone someone who comes up to me stating they like me. Maybe I like Ashley too.

"U-um thanks. I- i think I like you too."

He smiled warmly, and we walked out of the classroom hand in hand. I'm not entirely sure what just happened, but I'm guessing we're going to his house.

For the first time I'm what seemed like forever, I smiled. At first, it felt weird. I forgot how it feels to smile, I missed that feeling. Someone actually liked me..unless this is just a big prank and he's gonna kill you once you let your guard down... SNAP OUT OF IT ANDY!

I mentally slapped myself as Ashley led me to his locker.

"So you want to come over to my place after school for the er..project?"

I grinned at him, nodding my head. He's giving me a choice, he's so much nicer than I thought he was. He's a misunderstood guy, I can tell. He's got this reputation of being this big and tough dom, but I think on the inside you'll find that he has a heart of gold.

"Sure, I'd like that Ashley." I spoke, trying to stay confident. Confidence, something I've lacked my entire life. But, there's something different about Ashley. Even though I've only talked to him for a few minutes, I feel like I've known him forever. What is this strange feeling?

"Ok great! I'll see you after class blue eyes, I'll meet you at you locker."

I blushed, he already has a nickname for me. He waved goodbye before running off to his next class. I stumbled into my English class, not paying a lick of attention. I felt like some lovestruck teenager, wait, that's what I am right? I can't get him out of my head. But the truth is, I don't really want to.

All these years I've been too scared of him to notice that he's actually a sweet guy. Even his close friends don't seem to notice that about him. He's not like all the other doms, and suddenly I'm not scared of him anymore.

~~

I heard the sound of the bell ring and I pulled my head up, entering the real world once again. Three class periods had gone by and I hadn't payed attention once. I grabbed my backpack and exited the classroom, heading towards my locker. My heart started to beat faster and faster ever step I took.

I turned the corner, and saw Ashley leaning up against my locker, a smile plastered to his face.

"Hey Andy."

"Hey Ashley."

"Want to come to lunch with me?"

"S-sure." I mumbled. I wanted to eat with him, but I was terrified of eating with the other vampires. The people who pushed me down and called me names constantly, the people who caused me to fall. Ashley could tell I was nervous, so he reached out for my hand.

"Hey don't worry. I won't let them touch you."

I smiled back at him, gripping his hand tighter. I grabbed my lunch bag from my locker and followed Ashley into the cafeteria. I started to shake a little bit, I hadn't eaten in the cafeteria in, well I can't really remember the last time I ate in the cafeteria.

Ashley led me over to his table, where I immediatly noticed other vampires glaring back at me. I gulped, trying to keep from throwing up as Ash led me over to the table. Ash... I like that name.

"Why is this faggot here?" One called out,

"Did you bring us a snack Ashley?" said another.

Oh no.. what if this was all a trick? I tried to fight back tears, but I wasn't strong enough.

Ashley let go of my hand, anger rising in his eyes. It was kind of scary, it was like something changed in his eyes. It seemed as if he was expieriencing feelings of anger that he couldn't fight back.

"DON'T YOU CALL HIM THAT AGAIN YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" He yelled out at Justin, one of the vampires who bullies me.

"Whoa calm the fuck down Ashley. Bring the fag over here, I've had enough of him"

Ashley slammed his fist down on the table charging over to Justin. "THAT'S IT!" He kicked him to the ground, slapping him in the face.

"Don't." *Slap*

"You."*Slap*

"Ever." *Slap*

"Mess." *Slap*

"With." *Slap*

"Andy." *Slap*

"Again!" He grabbed his neck, twisting it all the way around, making a loud cracking sound. Justin lay motionless on the ground, blood tricking from the corner of his mouth. Everyone gasped, a few people running away. I couldn't believe it, he really stood up for me.

Ashley stood up, glanicing back and forth at Justin and his bloody hand. I saw a small tear trickle from his eye as he mumbled, "What have I done?"

He ran out in tears, heading for the nearest bathroom.

"Ashley! Wait!"