Chapter Thirteen

(Andy's POV)

Ashley's face suddenly turned as white as a sheet, dropping a small piece of paper to the ground.

He turned around, looking me in the eye. It scared me, his eyes didn't have the same spark I loved about them. They were full of fear, and worry. I know most doms aren't scared of anything, but Ash's different. I don't mind, I wouldn't trade him for the world.

He started running towards the bathroom, the same one where I found him after he killed the vampire who bullied me, the same bathroom where we shared our first kiss.

"Ash!" I called out, but he continued to run. I reached down to pick up the crumpled piece of paper by my feet, reading the wretched words again and again,

"Watch out. I'll see you in a few days. -Taylor "

Who the fuck is Taylor? I have a feeling he isn't just a random guy who dislikes us, he seems as if he's haunting Ashley's past. I wish I could do more, but I'm going to try my best.

Other vampires stared at me, throwing words at me.

"Piece of shit."

"Faggot."

"Worthless."

"Fat ass."

"Lay off the chips fag."

This time, Ashley wasn't here to defend me. I glanced down at my body, a sudden sadness washing over me.

Insecurity.

I'm fat. How did I never notice that before? I know I'm pregnant, but it's not just my body that's fat. I need to loose weight, now.

I returned to the real world, the names still flying at me like baseballs. I've never been good at baseball.

You know the age old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt men." Well, whoever wrote that is a dickhead.

Fuck! Ashley! Dammit Andy, why do you have to mess up everything?

I ran to the bathroom, placing the note in my back pocket as I turned the corner. I could see Ashley's boots peeking out from under one of the stalls. I lightly knocked on the door, trying to keep my voice as calm as possible, "Ash, babe it's me. Can I come in?"

He sniffled, and after a few seconds the door unlocked with a click. Ashley sat on the toliet seat, the seat cover on, his face hidden in his hands. I entered the stall, locking the door behind me. I knelt down next to him, trying to give him some time.

What do I say? Do I try to get him to say something? Do I just let him be?

"Do you want to talk Ash?" I asked, worry in my voice. I'm so fucking worried right now I think I'm going to explode.

Just when I thought he wasn't going to answer, he slowly nodded his head, lifting his head up. He weakly smiled at me, and I toke his hand in mine.

"I'm s-sorry Andy, I'm such a wimp really. I'm supposed to be there for y-"

"Ash stop." I cut him off. "I don't want to hear it. You're not a wimp, you're allowed to have feelings. And I would prefer that you express them over being tough on the outside and keeping your real feelings stuck inside." Hope I wasn't being a hypocrite there. "I love you no matter what."

"I love you too. I'm just, scared. I know, I, the most supposedly powerful dom, am scared. Did you see the note?"

I nodded, patting the slip of paper in my pocket.

"Well,.yeah, that's the thing that scares me the most. I know it seems like it could be anyone trying to fuck with us, but it's not. Taylor, was in my dream Andy. He was the one who killed my mom, he's real, my dream was fucking real!"

He broke down, and I immediately brought him into my arms. He buried his face in my neck, I could feel the tears on my skin. I felt awful, I couldn't bear to see him like this. I stroked his hair, humming to him.

We broke apart slightly, our faces only a few inches apart. "What your mom said at the hospital, it's all true.. I just know it. Whatever this super power thing is, I don't want it! Fucking Taylor can have that gracium shit, I just don't want to die! I want to be with you, I want to be there for our child!"

"Hey.." I said, stroking his cheek. "Don't think about it that's way. You are NOT going to die, you just aren't. You're too important, you're strong Ash. I know I'm not very strong physically and I'm just a fertile, but that doesn't mean I won't do everything in my power to protect you and care for you." I spoke, and I meant every word.

"Thank you And. You're the best."

"No, you're the best."

"No you are."

"No YOU are."

"Okay, we could fight about this all day. I just want to be with you."

I smiled, kissing his lips before helping him up. I glanced at my reflection in the mirror on the way out, and now it really did make sense to me. I am really fat! I don't know how I didn't see it before, the other vampires are right.

Their words rang in my head as we walked home- "Fat ass! Lay off the chips fag!"

Ugh, this is a lot to handle. My mates life is in jeopardy, I'm going to have a baby in 2 months, and I need to loose weight fast.

"Are you ok blue eyes?" Ashley asked as we arrived at Jake's doorstep.

"Yes." I lied.