Chapter Four

I ran out of the cafeteria, tears blurring my vision.

How could you Ashley?

I couldn't believe myself..I just toke another persons life.

I rushed into the bathroom, locking myself in one of the stalls. I sat down on the floor, burying my face in my arms.

I just killed another human being.

I don't know what came over me. It's like the anger just came about me that I couldn't fight off. I know I just met Andy, but still I've never felt so much love for someone so quickly. I feel like I've known him forever, and when someone trys to hurt him I just snap. Could I have found my mate? Is this the feeling of true love my dad described to me?

Suddenly someone burst into the bathroom, their boots clicking with every step. I looked under the stall door to see that the boots belonged to Andy.

"Ashley? Ash are you in here?"

I reached up to unlock the stall door, creaking in open to let Andy in. He plopped down onto the floor next to me, patting my back. His presence alone was enough to calm me down.

"Thanks Andy." I whispered, sitting up a bit straighter.

"For what Ash?"

"For calming me down."

"Oh. Oh well then your welcome." He blushed, attempting to hide his face behind his long hair. I wasn't letting that happen. I reached over, moving the strand of hair away from his face, allowing myself to get lost in his eyes.

"You wanna know something Andy?"

"Yea Ash?"

"You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen in my entire life. "

He blushed again, scooting a bit closer to me. "Thanks. I'm just wondering, why are you so nice to me? I'm just this wimpy kid everyone hates."

I looked him straight in the eye, trying to show him I was serious. "All that crap the other vampires say to you is bullshit. They see a wimpy kid, I see a beautiful fertile who even though I just met I would love to be mated with."

Andy smiled from ear to ear, his face pure happiness. Normal Andy is amazing, but happy Andy is the best.

"I would love to be mated with you to Ash." He smiled, resting his head on my shoulder. I exhaled, extremely happy that he was comfortable with me now. But when your just ment to be, there really is nothing to be scared of.

I wrapped my arm around him, resting my head against his. I don't give a shit that I'm sitting on a dirty bathroom floor. I've proved my dad wrong. He said I'd never find a mate, he said love is wrong. Well I can argue with that now.

Yeah, sure we just met. But every vampire has another who is made for them, and Andy was made for me. He's MY fertile.

After a while of alone time, we finally stood up, hand in hand. I was nervous about going back out there, but I also felt this new feeling in me. Not really confidence, but I felt like it was my job to protect my fertile. My Andy.

We left the bathroom to see the body of Justin was gone, along with most of the people. I guess I'm not full of empty threats anymore.

I snaked my arm around Andys waist, bringing his skinny frame close to me. He smiled, as we walked off to his locker. We decided to skip the rest of the day, and I don't think any of the teachers will have a problem with that.

"Ready to go to my house?"

Andy nodded in excitement as we jumped into my car. He's adorable when he's excited.

"I just..this is so great! I've never had..even a friend before..I've never been to someone elses house. I'm gonna get away from Jack and Garrett!" He squealed.

I smiled, giving his hand a squeeze. "Who are Jack and Garrett?"

"Oh, they're the Dom and fertile who took me in, my real parents left me when I was a baby. They are both really mean and treat me like shit every day."

"Have they hurt you baby?"

He nodded, tears starting to form in his eyes. I felt that now farmilar feeling of anger bubble inside me, this time towards Garrett and Jack. Andy noticed, and he immediately wiped the tears away, stroking my hand. I felt the anger start to disinigrate with Andys touch.

"Well they won't touch you again."

I smiled weakly, trying to brush off my anger. I need to focus on protecting Andy, he's my fertile.

The car ride went fairly quickly, and before we knew it, we were in the driveway of my house. Fuck..I never actually thought about how this was going to go. My dad told me to never find my mate. He told me to do exactly what he does- Find a random whore, kill them, repeat. It's not like I'm gonna listen to him. If he trys to hurt my Andy, I'll finish him.

I stepped out of my car, opening Andys door for him. I wrapped him arms around him, picking him up bridal style.

"Ash! Put me down hehe!"

I carried him into the house, bolting up to my room. I want to put off facing my father, hopefully he didn't notice I arrived home.

I set him down on my bed, shutting and locking the door behind us.

"Wow.. you like all the same bands as me!" Andy beamed, staring at my Misfits and Kiss posters that covered my walls.

"Cool, you have a great taste in music." I smiled at him, when suddenly, someone knocked on the door. Please don't let it be who I think it is.

"Ashley Purdy. Open this door right now!"

Shit.