Chapter Sixteen

"Andy! Where are you?" I screamed as loud as I could.

I couldn't believe this was happening, and there was nothing I could do. Taylor was here, and he had Andy. My Andy, this is all my fault.

The entire room was pitch black. There was no reply from Andy, but I could hear him being dragged up the stairs. My poor baby.

I held out my hands in front of me, trying to make my way over to the stairs, feeling everything around me. Suddenly, I felt someone roughly grab onto my shoulder, digging their nails into my skin.

I tried to shove them out of the way, but they just gripped onto me harder. No no no, I need to get to Andy!

"Leave me the fuck alone!" I yelled. "I need to get to my baby!"

"That's not happening Ashley."

My heart seemed to almost stop in my chest when I heard that voice. The same deep voice I used to hear every day, the voice that spoke "Goodnight" and "Sleep tight." The voice belonged to none other than my dad.

"D-dad?" I choked out. I know he was mad at me for finding my mate and leaving, but this... this was far worse than I ever imagined him getting.

"Yep, that's me." He chirped back, his enthusiasm causing more anger to bubble inside of me.

From behind me, I could here Sammi and Emma screaming and Jake and Jinxx cursing at someone. Really, more defeaters? Oh no, please tell me my dad isn't one too.

"Please tell me you're not-"

"That's me, assistant head defeater." I should practically see the smirk on his face, even in the pitch black room.

"Why...just why?" Was all I could manage to stutter out. I felt like I was going to throw up, my own dad is out to kill me.

"Power Ashley. Who needs love when you can have powers?"

"That's just sad, you're so blind dad. Love is worth so much more than powers or money or even a good fuck, and I think inside you know that as well."

He growled before slapping my cheek. I flinched in pain, the anger rising higher in me. "Leave my Andrew alone. Or I'll kill you, that's a promise." I growled. "You can have me, just let him be."

"Oh, I don't want you."

What?

"What do you mean?"

Before he could reply, I heard a man rushing down the stairs, his footsteps getting closer and closer. "Robert, our work is done, for now." He told my dad, walking out the door, the people who had been restraining my friends following. The light blinded my vision, my dad walking out before my teary eyes.

"Bye Ashley." He smirked before slamming the door behind him.

What the fuck was that? And where is Andy?

Renne and Sammi rushed over to me, the rest following behind them."Ashley! Are you okay?" Sammi asked, out of breath.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm sorry about all of this, this isn't your problem. I need to find Andy."

I rushed up the stairs, headed for our bedroom. I opened the door quickly, gasping in horror at what I saw. Andy lied on the floor, his arms tied to Jake's desk chair. His pants and boxers lay on the other side of the room, and he was covered in blood. He was bleeding badly, and his face was soaked with tears.

"Andy!" I cried out, rushing to his side. He began to cry harder, and I cupped his face, wipeing away most of his tears.

"I'm so sorry honey. What happend?" I spoke as calm as I could, keeping his shaking body as close to me as I could.