Chapter Eighteen

Time lapse- 2 days

I blinked open my eyes, squinting at the light. Why the hell is the window open?

I rolled over, startled when my body hit the cold and empty spot where Andy's body usually lay. Where is he?

I rubbed my eyes, sitting up. Time to find Andrew. After the whole Taylor incident, I can't help but be overly protective.

"Ashley!!"

I whipped my head around, but found myself still alone. It didn't sound like Andy, it was a woman's voice. Plus, I had learned how to control my mind reading powers so my brain wasn't overwhelmed constantly.

But this voice, this was different. It was like something was trapped in my brain, pounding on my skull.

"Sour cream!"

I froze, my heart skipping a beat. That's what my mom used to call me all the time after I spilled sour cream chips all over the stage at my elementary school graduation. Don't ask.

"Mom!" I called out. I'm going crazy, I must be.

"Ashley!" There she was again, her voice loud and clear in my head, my ears ringing. I sank down to the ground on my knees, covering my ears with my hands. I can't take this right now, it's too much. I feel like my head is going to explode.

"Ashley!"

Her voice echoed in my head, I could hear her voice crack. How am I hearing her? And why does her voice hurt so fucking much?

"Mom... how can I hear you...." I yelled out, her breathing as loud as a jet plane in my head. I can't hear shit around me.

"It's your 2nd power Ash. You can talk to me!" She yelled.

I let out a loud scream, the louder she talked the worse the pain got. Why does this happiness cause me pain? I guess I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all.

"Mom, you're hurting my head.." I whimpered, burying my face in the pillows.

"Nothing can save you now Ashley."

Her voice felt like a thousand knives stabbing me. I can't think, I can't move, and I can't open my eyes. I'm stuck.

"M-mom..you're hurting me."

"I'm sorry Ash, I can't get you out of my head."

The song "Pain" stared playing in my head as I started to cry.

Pain without love

Pain, I can't get enough

Pain, I like it rough

'Cause I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all

You're sick of feeling numb

You're not the only one

I'll take you by the hand

And I'll show you a world that you can understand

This life is filled with hurt

When happiness doesn't work

Trust me and take my hand

When the lights go out, you will understand

Why is she hurting me like this?

"Ash! Please listen to me!"

"I CAN'T MOM, YOU'RE FUCKING HURTING ME!"

I felt as if someone was gripping onto my skull, squeezing it tighter and tighter.

"Ash?"

I couldn't open my eyes, but I would recognize that voice anywhere.

"Andy....." I stuttered out. All I could see was dark clouds, just empty dark. I just want to see his bright blue eyes, they make the pain go away.

"Ash! What's the matter?" He asked frantically. I felt him grab my trembling hand, wiping away my tears.

"Ashley! Please!"

"I SAID YOU'RE FUCKING HURTING ME MOM!" I yelled out, hitting my head. Please, get her out of there.

"What? Ashy please let me help.." Andy spoke.

"I don't know how to get her out of my head.." I sobbed, another wave of pain crashing through my head.

Andy just held onto me, stroking my hair and humming to me.

Mom..

I love you..

But you need to let go.

"I can't let go!" She cried out, sending waves of pain up my spine.

"I have an idea!" Andy suddenly shot up. "Ash..I know it hurts. But please, you have to open your eyes."

"Andy I can't!"

"Don't do it Ash! Don't leave me!" She cried.

"You can do it baby. Just look straight at me.."

Ashley.

Do it.

You can do it.

I slowly opened my eyes, pain shooting through me like fireworks.

"NOOOO!! ASHLEY!!" She cried, her voice fading away.

All I saw was white light, the pain leaving me. I can breathe again, I'm free. It was just like my dream, only this time I know not dreaming. In front of me, was my beautiful blue eyed angel. His wings were bright white, his comforting expression letting me know that I was okay. He opened up his arms, and I felt better at once. The pain was gone, replaced with this weird thing called love.

"I love you." He said, his eyes sparkling in the light.

After a minute or two, the white light faded, but I was still in the arms of my blue eyes angel. His wings have been there all along, I just didn't realize it.

"You saved me Andrew.."

"Anytime Ashes."

I smiled, burying my face in his shoulder. I'm so glad the pain is gone. Love and pain are both very powerful things, but love will always beat pain in a fight.

"What happened baby?" He asked, sitting down on the bed with me.

"It was horrible... it was my mom. She was hurting my head a fuckload, she wasn't the same. She didn't care about my pain, it was like she was mocking me, trapped in my head. And then when you told me to open my eyes, she started screaming "nooo!" When I opened my eyes, I saw you, and the pain and her went away. You saved me, just like in my dream. You're the angel Andy, you're the one who can get rid of all the evil. I don't know how I didn't see it all along.."