Chapter Nine

(Ashley's POV)

"Andy..." I mumbled before slipping into darkness.

~~

My eyes flickered open. I gasped when I realized I was hovering, yes flying, over the city. What the fuck? Where am I?

I soon realized that I was able to control myself, and I flew back down to the ground. I tapped the shoulder of a woman who was standing at the bus stop, but she didn't notice me.

"Excuse me? Hello!?"

Nothing. It's like I'm... invisible. What's wrong with me?

Suddenly, the bus rounded the corner and the woman turned her head. My heart beat sped up in my chest when I recognized her. She was..my mom. She wore the same outfit she wore the last time time I saw her- black jeans, a soft purple t-shirt, and silver flats. Wait, this is the day she was killed. Am I going to watch my mom die? How the hell am I even here?

She stepped onto the bus, and I knew I had to follow her. The bus driver didn't notice me, so I rode for free. The perks of being an invisible freak I guess...

She sat in the back, pulling a cherry chapstick out of her purse. She held it up to her lips to apply it, but some guy smacked it out of her hand.

"Hey fuck off!" I yelled, but it was useless. I can't do anything.

She turned around, her eyes widening when she saw the man.

"Hello Helena. Long time no see." A tall dom in a black hoodie spoke.

"Get away from me." She spoke, trembling in fear.

He scooted closer to her, taking a gun from his pocket. I started to cry, realizing that I was about to watch my mother die right in front of my eyes, and there was nothing I could do about it.

"What do you want?" She said, trying to stay confident.

"I think you know well what I want. Where is the boy?"

Is he talking about me?

"Please, just leave him alone. You can take me, just leave him."

"I don't want you, you're useless. I need the boy. After all, he's the most powerful dom that ever lived..I could use him for so much."

"Please.. I'm begging you! Let him be!"

"Well, you're not going to be much help. On his eighteenth birthday, I'll come for him. Ashley will be mine, and there's nothing you can do about it."

"Fuck you Taylor." She spat before he raised the gun to her head, and fired.

"No!!!" I yelled out. It was no use, I can do nothing.

The bus driver finally noticed and stopped the bus. He rushed to the back, but this Taylor guy had vanished, into thin air.

What is going on? How am I the most powerful dom in the world? Is he really coming for me? Oh no, I'm almost eighteen. Unless I'm dead...

Suddenly, everything turned white. I felt this comforting feeling all of the sudden, like peace fell among me. The bus disappeared, and instead a figure stood before me. The most beautiful creature I had ever seen, an angel. It was my Andy. He had gorgeous wings, and he took me into his arms.

"I just wanted to let you know, that I love you. I really do, I love you. I've never told that to anyone else in my life. I had never experienced what loving someone felt like, but now I know. Thank you Ash." He whispered in my ear. I feel safe.

~~

My eyes fluttered open, and I saw my Andy knelt beside me.

"A-andy?" I whispered.

"Ashley! You're awake!" He cried

I opened up my arms and he quickly ran into them, hugging me tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay!" He cried, tears spilling from his eyes.

"I'm just glad to see your beautiful face again blue eyes."

He blushed, curling up next to me on the hospital bed. I have no idea how I got here, but right now, I just want to be with my fertile.

"Hey And?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you too."

He blushed, "You heard that?"

"Yeah, I think.."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not really sure what happend, but I had this dream. This dream, that felt so real, it's crazy. I had to watch my mom die, and there was nothing I could do about it. No one could hear me no matter how loud I screamed. The guy who killed her said he was looking for me, and that he was coming for me on my eighteenth birthday. It It all seemed so real...I'm..scared. I know doms usually aren't afraid of anything, but this man scared me. What if he really is coming for me?"

"Don't worry baby." He kissed my cheek. "It was just a dream."

"I know, but I feel like that all really happend, and now I witnesses it. But, the good thing is, the whole thing wasn't bad."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, after that, everything went white and this angel appeared from the sky. That angel was you Andy. You told me everything was okay, and that you loved me. That was enough to make me feel safe."

We both smiled at each other, pressing our lips togetherness gently. Andy rested his head on my chest, and I wrapped my arms around him.

I have something to life for now.

My birthday is only a few days away.

I hope that the first part of my dream was just my fucked up imagination.