Chapter 10

I get up and slip on some Stewie boxers, a sports bra, and a tank top. As I walk to the door, I can hear my heart beat thumping uncontrollably . Damn, just chill. It's going to be okay. I work to slow down my breathing as I take each step.
   I grab and turn the knob slowly, pulling the door open. I notice she's not standing alone. She is holding an adorable, brown and white chihuahua puppy!
   I jump on her without noticing what I'm doing and hug her with my legs wrapped around her waist.
   "Surprise!", she giggles.
   " Oh my fuckin' gosh! No you didn't! Thank you! THANK YOU! You're the bestest!"
   I kiss her lips out of no where leaving her stunned. When I realize what I've done,  I jump down with my eyes widened, not knowing what she'll say.
" Sorry..", I say, looking down at her cream Vans.
" Um..you good.." , She lets peek through her cute little grin.
"Um come in. There's someone I want you to meet."
   I start walking backwards towards my room, trying not to notice the way her green jeggings hug her ass and thighs SO tightly that it makes you wonder if her cheeks are suffocating. I try not to pay no mind to her cream and green blouse that props her boobs up just right; not too much, not too little. Damn. Snap back Gabby!
  We get in my room to find Mo dressed  in one of my tank tops and my bball shorts. Damn..
   " Amia, this is Monae. Monae..Amia; My bestfriend."
I caught a glimpse of the confused look on Amia's face as I spoke and then it turned into a smile which I could tell was sort of fake but why?
Mo has this beautiful smile stretched across her face. "Nice to meet you! I've heard only good of you."
Mimi responds," Wish I could say the same.."
There is a momentary silence and I quickly try to change the subject.
"..Um..She got me a puppy! Look it!" We all look, and watch him exploring my room, sniffing every corner and crack.  The distraction doesn't last long. 
   Mimi looks at me and says," Well, I just wanted to bring you your present. I'ma go now. I got a date. "
   " Do you have to leave? I was hoping you would stay and chill with us for a few."
   " Nah, I better get going. It was nice to meet you Monique."
  Mo responds with a smirk," Monae.."
   Mimi smirks, says "right", and turns to walk out and I don't know whether to go after her or just let it be. She confuses the FUCK out of me.
Okay, quick.. If I do go after her.. what do I say? Do I just open the door and let her out or do I try to see what's wrong because I can tell she's kinda upset? Ugh!
   I walk her to the door but I grab her hand as she grabs the knob with the other.
   " Are you okay?"
   " Yeah.. why wouldn't I be?"
   " I don't know.. You tell me. What was that smart comment about in there?"
   " What smart comment?"
   " You know what I'm talking about Amia..."
   She looks at me strange because I never call her Amia unless I'm upset with her.
   " Well, you never even mentioned this girl to me. What is she your new girlfriend now? You've never even spoke of her to me.", She says sounding very aggravated.
   " I'm sorry I didn't mention her sooner but I haven't talked to her since before I got raped. She came over wanting to talk to me. She's not my girlfriend but I REALLY like her and I just wanted yall to meet. You kinda just popped up like always so what was I supposed to do? I wasn't going to tell her to leave just because you're coming over! Why would I do that?"
   " Because I wanted it to be JUST US. I thought we would spend some time together before my date tonight.."
   " You are acting like a jealous female that's crushing on me or something, that's what I don't understand. It's not like you and I are talking in that way or nothing so I don't understand why it's such a BIG DEAL that she's here! You're straight remember?"
   She's looking at me with her cute, mad/confused face. She pulls her hand from my grasp and opens the door forcefully. She looks back at me and there are tears in her eyes. I hug her tight even though she tries to push me away. She finally gives in and wraps her arms around my neck and lays her head on my shoulder.
   After a minute like this, she lifts her head, looks me in my eyes and begins to kiss me so softly that I can barely feel my knees. My heart starts pumping faster and faster like an energizer bunny. I can hear it trying to break through my chest as we make out slowly.
   Her lips take me to another place. I forget that I'm still standing in the living room of my apartment with Mo in my bedroom right around the corner. I feel eyes PIERCING through the skin on the back of my neck. As she pulls away, she looks behind me with eyes widened and mouth slightly opened as if in shock and turns, walking out the door, closing it behind her. I turn around to see a confused Mo, staring back at me..