Chapter 75 | Sick

*cough* *cough* *cough*

"Babe what's wrong?" You ask, immediately awoken by the hoarse sounds. Nico has been coughing all night. Currently, he is not holding you close to his chest but his back is being face towards you.

You frown still very tired.
"Nico." You mumble. "Don't worry y/n Its just another cough. I'll be fine. Rest your pretty face." He tells you still in slumber. You nod too exhausted to do anything else. But later you are going to do something...

You then went back to sleep again.

~~

You awoke again by Nicos loud coughing. You immediately get up, fix your pajamas, and shook his shoulder. "Nico wake up."

He groans. "Can you get me a glass of water?" He requested. Your mouth goes to one side still worried about his health but nod. You then went to fetch him a glass of water.

You walked to the kitchen and got a glass cup. You cautiously poured water into it. When you finished, you opened a cabinet. "I think here is where he keeps medicine..." You whisper to yourself. While opening it you saw that it was empty with only a cough drop box inside. You sigh. Better than nothing right?. You then got one and headed back to the bedroom.

You opened the door to find Nico coughing again. "Nico, I brought you your water and this" You told him. He sits on his bed and stares at the thing you just got him. He looks at you and smiles. "Y/n you know you don't have to take care of me right?"

"Yes I do. It's a job of a girlfriend." You joke, he chuckles. "Fine I'll take it"

He starts to drink the water first. In a few minutes, it was gone. He then gets the cough drop and plops it into his mouth. "Thanks y/n" He coos.

"No problem" You smile.
"Now." You say "Lets wrap you up. For now, I guess I would have to be sleeping in the g/p cabin" You tell him, getting a blanket.

He frowns.

"No!" He whines "I want to be with you"
"I do too Nico but your sick. I can't bear to have it also. But you know what? I'll make it like I was always here." He raises an eyebrow. "Checkups!" You say suddenly.

He smiles at your child like behavior. "What kind of checkups?" He asks while smirking. It took you a second to understand what he was saying. But eventually, you did. And when you did your cheeks turned red and you playfully slapped him in the arm.

"Regular checkups" You reply. "Anyways, I better go to the infirmary because you have no ambrosia or anything" You tell him "Oh yeah my to go ambrosia canteen is also empty."

"Well I better be going now. Be back in a sec" You then ran to the infirmary.

~~

"Nico I came back!" You say entering the house with so many bottles of ambrosia. Luckily, Will gave you some. You opened the door to Nicos room and saw that he was asleep. You smile and took his empty ambrosia canteen. You filled it up with ambrosia and began to go to the kitchen when Nico started to pull on your hand.

"Nico?"

He didn't reply but he did rest his hand on yours. He commenced to make little circles on your hand when you decided to stand up, plopping his hand back on his bed.

"I'm going to go to the kitchen ok? Don't do anything."

You then head to the kitchen leaving a smirk on his face.

~~

When you finished stacking the medicine cabinets with ambrosia you went back to Nicos room. There he sat. Shirtless and in his black boxers.

Immediately, when you came in he grabbed his blanket and wrapped himself. You chuckle, "Here's your medicine Death King" You say, calling him from his nickname. You then held a spoon filled with ambrosia in the right amount. Knowing that he can't take in too much.

He budges and opens his mouth. "Here" You tease trying to give him the spoon. He notices and quickly gets embarrassed. "Oh ok"

"Only joking! I know how you can be a little kid" You say, giving him his spoonful of ambrosia. "You too" He says, gulping the ambrosia down. You chuckle. "I wish I can get better soon, I would want to kiss you right now." He tells you, you blush "So badly"

~~

A few days passed and Nico still was coughing. I guess the ambrosia didn't really work. Will told you to only give a spoonful because the coughs are not really that bad and if you give more than a spoonful then his sickness will increase. You didn't really get medical stuff or that kind of medical stuff so you obeyed him. Even though you wanted to give him more so he can just get better, you knew you couldn't.

At that moment, an idea struck you. You knew something to prepare for your sick boyfriend.

Your mortal mom used to make this all the time when you were sick. And might I say, it is so delicious.

You imagine the taste again and straight away went to make it. You knew he was going to love this.

~~

You entered Nicos room there he was facing the wall, coughing.

He then faced you, "What's that?" He questioned. You smile, "Honey tea with lime" You respond. His eyes light up and sits up. "Never tried this before."

"Well my mom used to make it for me all the time when I was sick. It helps a lot." You tell him. He then holds the cup and mixes it around so the honey with instantly dissolve.

"Thanks y/n" He says smiling. "No problem. It's my job." You say again.

He then blows on the drink while you check your monster proofed phone. A few minutes later, Nico says your name from behind you.

"Y/n"

"Yeah?" You gape while facing him. He instantly puts his spoon in your mouth. "Nothing"
Your eyes widen. You then then stand up. "Nico what the hell?!" You say, a bit mad at him.

"Now you can stay with me." He grins. You sigh. "I should've seen that coming"

"You should've" he says "Well who's going to take care of us now?" You asked, going next to him on the bed. "Eh Hazel? I don't know. Let's not worry about that now." He replies, gently stroking your hair.

"Oh and also" You say "Did you like my tea?"

"Yeah. But not as much as I like you!" You look at him in the most 'wtf' face ever. He laughs and brings you a bit closer to his chest.
________________________
And that was how your day ended :)
1129 words whooo
Anyways, I love ya guys!
Stay fabulous

- Hailey 😄