Set up

Rahul was looking for a story where he could be casted against Kiara, and he told Mansukh about it too. Mansukh got the update, and he got in touch with casting directors and producers.

The next morning, Mansukh approached Rahul and said, "I have collected stories that are available for you. Please have a look at them."

Rahul took the bunch of papers from Mansukh and started reading it.

"But..." Mansukh scratched his head and continued, "There is a problem."

"What?" Rahul asked without looking at him.

"They want you to... to be paired against Diana."

Rahul placed his hand on his mouth and started moving it all over his face. He said, "So, now you want me to do a romantic movie with Diana."

"Not me... They"

"Who they?"

"P.. Producers, Directors... They say that Kiara's last two movies were with you, and both of them had disastrous box office collections. On the other hand, Diana had acted in four movies last year, and all of them were super hits and..."

"Mansukh," Rahul dumped himself on his couch and said, "Let me tell you that it is not possible and if that is the condition, I'm not doing it." He rolled the pile of papers in his hands and gave it back to Mansukh.

"But sir, your fans even want to see you with Diana. They love the pair."

Rahul gave him a cold look, and it didn't take time for Mansukh to rectify his mistake as he said, "Onscreen. They love the pair onscreen."

"I know that. Now go and get me a script where the directors are ready to cast Kiara and me as a couple and no one else." Rahul said as he looked up and closed his eyes.

"But sir..."

"You can leave," Rahul said without opening his eyes.

Mansukh was writhing in agony, but he said nothing and left.

That night, Rahul was seated on his comfortable bed, but the comfort of the mattress couldn't soothe his pain. He kept looking up and felt uneasy. Thoughts related to his future, fame, money and movies kept clouding his mind. The year had just begun, and there were expectations from him. People wanted to see him on the big screens and he wanted a hit, desperately. After all, he was a superstar who had won a number of awards in the past, but his movies didn't click in the last two years.

Kiara was seated next to him and kept watching him stare at the ceiling. She controlled herself for more than 5 minutes, but then said, "Do the movie."

Rahul slowly turned towards Kiara and with a smile, he said, "What?"

Kiara raised her eyebrows and said, "I said do the movie."

"Which movie?"

"Mansukh gave you so many options. Choose one and do the movie."

"When did Mansukh tell you about it?"

"Ah," she smiled. "I saw him talking to himself as he got down the stairs. I stopped him and asked him what the matter was. He was reluctant at first, but then gave in and told me about the entire episode."

Rahul turned away and said nothing.

Kiara licked her lips and said, "I think you should choose one and..."

"Do you want me to do a movie with Diana?"

"Umm... That depends on."

"Depends on?" He turned towards Kiara and said with a straight face.