Relieved Conversation

I feel like a criminal with the allegations noted by @Krazy_Kiran and @yagappar related to an extra-marital affair in the last section of the previous chapter. :( ( meri overacting :P )

Thinking about it, I agree it sounds terribly wrong. But Diana Badnaam? Nahi! :P :D

Diana is a pure soul. She can never be wrong :P So, she has a reply that should be acceptable :D

Hope so :)

********************

Rahul smirked. He moved closer to her and hugged her, but Diana's grip on him was tighter.

Rahul said, "By the way, don't you think this is wrong?"

"What is wrong?"

"I mean we are married to our respective partners, and here we are. I mean there is extreme closeness in this hug. Isn't it?"

"No. When Munna Bhai told everyone about Jaddu Ki Jhappi, no one said anything. If that wasn't wrong, why is this wrong?"

"Ya, but you even said that you love me."

"So? I love you as a friend. And can't I even give a tight hug to my best friend?" She loosened her grip on Rahul.

"Friend?"

"Ya, why? What happened?" She looked in his eyes.

"Hmm... So, you love me, but as a friend, right?"

"Didn't you just try to remind me that we are married to our respective partners? That way, I can only be your friend, right?"

"Umm... Right. Sad truth. Lol."

"Happy or sad. Truth it is!"

For a moment, no words were exchanged, no hands stretched, just the two smiling. Then they started walking towards Diana's car.

"I'm just asking," Rahul said while scratching his head. "If you would have said it to me the day I came to propose you, even then it would have been the 'friend' thing?"

"No. But today..."

"Today, I'm friend zoned. I can understand. Lol."

"Ya."

Frankly, I'm okay with this."

"Hmm..."

"I mean I'm okay with this now. For the past two years, I was wondering about what led to that rejection. Phew! I feel relieved. At least, I won't think of this for the rest of my life."

I'll still die with the thought that if you had told me about it that day, we could have been together as a couple today. He thought.

"I'm even relieved. This was killing me inside and I wanted to say it out to someone, but couldn't. Finally!" She smiled. "But listen," Rahul looked at her. "Promise me that you won't say it to anyone, especially your mom."

"Say what?"

"That I told you about it. I don't want her to feel hurt. As it is, we cannot do anything about it today."

"Hmm... Maybe that's what destiny calls for." He said as they reached Diana's car.

"So, this is it." she smiled.

"Before we leave, I want to say something that might sound funny, but I feel like Lord Krishna," Rahul said.

"Lord Krishna?" Diana chuckled.

"Yes. You can laugh at it but there is a theory that Krishna wanted to marry Radha, and his mother was the first one to object it. And we all know that Lord Krishna didn't marry Radha."

Diana was about to say something but was interrupted by Rahul. "Before you say anything, I want to clarify that I'm still sure that my mom didn't say it. I'm just assuming things, and accordingly I feel like Lord Krishna. But that is not important. The important thing is that the theory also says that when Krishna and Radha met for the last time, there didn't say anything, they didn't hug each other. They only looked at each other and tears flowed from each pair of eyes. I don't want this to happen in our case. I mean I'm okay with the separation, but I don't want anyone of us to cry about it, at any point of time. I..." He gasped. "I think next week once we are done with the shoot, we should part ways with a smile on our faces, and I hope after that we do not meet personally."

Diana looked down.

"You know that there are no hard feelings between us now. We have expressed our thoughts, and I think we are happy with this. Just that I don't want things to get complicated in the future. So..."

"So, we won't meet." Diana pressed her lips together.

"I hope so." He smiled.

"But how does that matter? I mean at that time there were no photos, no WhatsApp, no social networking sites, no news where they would hear about each other, no press conferences and all... Today the situation is different."

"True, but you know that when we meet personally, dil ke armaan zubaan pe... you know what I mean. Lol."

"But fans want to see us together onscreen. I mean you had said that you'll keep your personal and professional life different. Isn't it?"

"If that would have been easy, we wouldn't had this conversation. You know it all started with the fun element and the story changed when you least expected it to change."

Silence again for a moment.

"Hmm... I think you've got a point. And maybe this is the best time to discuss it. I mean we are relieved and all's well." She gave him a half-smile.

"I had told you that if a movie was to be made on our lives, people wouldn't love the end of the story."

"Hmm..."

"So," Looking at his watch, he said, "I think I'll leave now. It's getting late." Rahul smiled.

"Cool."

Diana moved in her car, and Rahul started walking towards his car.

They had a smile on their faces.

***************

This could be the end of the story, but my characters tell me that they aren't still happy dil se. :P

They have a question in their minds. "Why did Neeta say no to Diana?"

This question has troubled Diana and will haunt Rahul too.

Till the time they do not get an answer to the question, story khatam kaise ho sakti hai :P :D