Just Thoughts...

Reena's POV

Waiting at the Paris airport, Reena and Kaif kept talking to each other.

Reena saw Rahul coming out of the airport and was about to wave at him, but stopped. Her eyes widened.

"What happened?" Kaif said.

"Rahul and Diana are coming together."

"Waow! Diana! I wanted to meet her. You know..."

"Oh please!" She gave him a frosty look. "Why are they coming together?"

Looking around, she saw Kiara standing next to Rahul and Rajveer next to Diana.

"Oh, they are here as couple."

"Couple? They are married to each other?"

She rolled her eyes. "Why don't you act funny in your movies? This is not funny."

"So, you are telling me to act funny or not to act funny?"

Reena's eyes widened. "Please shut the... no." She closed her eyes. "Please shut up."

"What actually is happening?"

"Oh God! If neeta aunty gets to know that Diana and Rahul are coming together, she will get angry. I was confused because I thought Diana and Rahul are coming together, and I panicked, but they are not coming together. Actually, they are coming together, but they are not coming together together."

Kaif kept staring at her. "Okay, I'm sure that even you didn't understand what you have just said. But it's okay. What next?"

She gasped and said, "Let's go and meet them."

"Fine."

"Hi!" Reena waved her right hand in the air, and Rahul waved back with a smile on his face.

They moved closer and there were some Hellos exchanged.

"Hello, Kaif," Diana said.

With a jolly smile, he said, "Hello." And a friendly hug followed.

"So, how come you are here?" Diana said.

"I'm here with my wife." He kept a smile on his face.

"I'm here with my husband." She hugged Rajveer's arm.

"Waow!" Rajveer said as Kaif looked at him.

"I'm even here," Kiara said who was standing at the extreme right corner of the group.

"Of course! You are my co-star too!" Kaif said. He moved closer to her and a friendly hug followed.

"So, how was your flight?" Reena said.

"Shall we discuss this in the car?"

"Sure bro."

"Okay, so we'll take your leave," Diana said.

"What's your plan?" Reena said.

"Nothing much. We..." Diana looked at Rajveer and said, "We will spend some time together. Right?"

Rajveer smiled and bounced his eyebrows looking at Reena. "Wherever ma'am wants to go, I'll go there."

"Oh ho! Amazing Jodi, I must say. Enjoy. This is Paris. Love is in the air." She winked at Diana.

Diana looked down and smiled.

"Okay, I'm tired. Let's go?" Rahul said.

"Sure. Okay, we'll catch up soon." Reena said. Diana and Rajveer moved to the left, and the remaining walked straight towards their car.

Kaif sat on the front seat, and others sat behind. Reena and Rahul took the middle seat.

Once seated, Reena said, "So, how was the trip bro?"

"Fine. Slightly tiring."

"Ohkay. But Kiara looks fresh haan."

"Nothing di. I was resting throughout the flight."

"Hmm... So, I hope you guys know what's the event for which we all are here."

"No, actually I was about to ask mom about it, but it completely slipped out of my mind. What is it about?" Rahul said.

"Come on bro. How can you forget? Granddad has set up his first studio in Paris here. It is the 50th year of the studio."

"Oh damn! How did I forget it?" Rahul gasped.

"I knew it," Kiara said. She opened her purse and removed a square box. "See! I have got the moment engraved on a gold plate too." Kiara passed it on to Reena.

"You didn't remind me," Rahul said.

"Baby, you were busy with Diana." After a short pause, she said, "For the shoot."

Rahul nodded his head slightly from left to right and looked away.

"This is amazing, isn't it Kaif?" Reena passed it to Kaif.

"Waow! This is just perfect. Good choice Kiara." He passed it back to Kiara.

"Thank you." Kiara said and took the box.

Kiara's thoughts

Good! Now keep cursing me just because you were busy with Diana. She has always been the reason. God! Why did I ask him to do a movie with Diana? I... I feel like killing myself for that mistake.

She looked up and closed her eyes.

Rahul's thoughts

Was it really my mistake? I want to go somewhere and be alone for something. I don't think I'll be able to enjoy my time at this event. Everyone will be there and I... I want to run away. That Sid's article will make things worse. Whatever happens, people will start liking things to that article and assume that an a**ole who is writing articles for money and to ruin our lives is right, and we are wrong. Damn! I'm even thinking of it. Will we all get together? Will mom talk about it? Will there be a moment where we will have to choose between the two options? God! Take me away for some time and just allow me to spend some time alone. Alone!

Looking outside, he closed his eyes.

Rajveer's thoughts

We are going in this car, but Diana is not with me. She is still with Rahul. Where is the joyfulness of Diana that I have enjoyed for years? What does she really want to do? From the time we said bye to the group outside the airport, she is acting so very formally. Her formal behavior forced me to look away, but she hardly cared about talking to me. I have always enjoyed looking at her, in her eyes. But today I feel different.

Paris is the city of love they say. Here, we are together, but I feel alone. Life is unpredictable, so is Diana. I think Sid was right. I'll go back home as Diana's attendant, and she will be smilingly moving around with Rahul.

Looking outside, he closed his eyes.

Diana's thoughts

Where do I stand now? My husband is not ready to believe anything I say. He was silent from the time we said bye to the group outside the airport. I tried to talk to him, but I couldn't because he kept looking everywhere, but towards me. I want to tell him that I'm here for him and only him.

Looking at Rajveer who was looking outside, she thought - I'll not meet Rahul or anyone from his family but please look at me. Let's talk.

Diana looked away, and as she squeezed her eyes shut, a crystal clear tear started flowing down her cheek. She wiped it before anyone could see it and kept looking outside.

**************************

How was this part? :)

BTW, Merry Christmas in advance :D