The Shoot - Part 2

"And cut!" Sharman said. "Amazing! Just as I wanted."

As they were about to move, he shouted, "Don't move! We'll continue with the next chunk and try to wrap it up in the next five minutes."

Rahul gave him the thumbs up.

"Great! So, in the next scene, Diana's head will slip on to Rahul's shoulders and then a shivering Rahul with slowly placed his arms around Diana. The dialogue will follow this. Okay?"

Rahul repeated the gesture.

"Great! So, action!"

"Na...ina," Rahul said, and Diana's head slipped on to Rahul's shoulders.

He moved his shivering arms and wrapped them around Diana.

There was silence on the sets. As the camera zoomed in for Rahul's close up, nothing noticeable could be heard except Rahul's breathing that was accelerated with panic.

He kept looking at the wall across him at the end of the cave. "We'll... we'll get out of here... together... don't... don't leave me alone once again. I... I promise we will be to.. gether. Life without you will... will not be the same. It has happened once in the past, and I... don't want it to happen again."

He smiled. "That dress looks so good on you." His smile fades away and eyes widened. "But why are you running away. Come ba...aack!" He lifted his left hand and slowly straightens it and then in a croaky tone said, "I love you, and I want to... want to be with you... you make me feel alive and... happy. I don't want to... want to feel sad and lonely again..." After a long pause, he continued, "With you I was som..eone. Without you, I'm no one."

Silence on the sets again.

"Cut!" Sharman shouted. "Rahul, this was really good. Although there was nothing in the script after 'come back', you added some good lines after that. Nice."

Diana moved away slowly while still looking down.

"Improvisation sir." He rubbed his eyes.

"Good. Good. So, I think we'll pack up for the day. There is a patch to be shot, but we'll do it next week." He said and asked everyone to pack up.

Rahul got up and moved towards his vanity van and changed back into his normal clothing.

While washing his face, he stared at himself in the mirror and said, "A*sole, you were about to cry. Forgot, what people say? Grown men don't cry. Yeah! Grown men don't cry, they said... Men even have emotions, they never said."

After a pause, he smiled. "You can be a dialogue writer too. Alternative career option, you see."

******************

Moving out of his vanity van, he saw Diana waiting outside his car.

He faked a confident smile and moved closer to his car. "Hello, ma'am. You wanted to talk to me about something?"

"Ya," Diana said as she looked at him.

"Mmm. Me too. I want to say that you look amazing in this black dress." He winked.

She kept staring at him.

"Oh God! No, no, no!" He acted the 'no's in different ways. "Don't cry again. Where do you get that stock of tears? Glycerin?"

"Shut up okay!" She said in a brittle voice. "I want to talk to you."

"Oh sorry. My phone is ringing." He pulls out his phone from his pocket and says, "Kiara, Ahha!"

Clicks on the phone and with the phone placed near his ear says, "Hello Kiara Darling. Muah muah muah. I'll be home in the next 5 minutes and..."

The phone rings. Diana looks at him with narrowed eyes. Rahul smiles moving his phone from his ear and says, "Network issue."

"It has happened in the past. I know you. I was calling you." Diana gritted her teeth.

The ringtone goes silent.

"Hmm... So, what were we talking about."

"Nothing, but I want to talk about it now. Can you come with me for a walk?"

"I think..."

"Come with me." She held Rahul's right arm, and they started walking.

"So, what do you want to talk about?"

"See, I can't take the burden of unnecessarily being called names anymore. I want to tell you the truth. What happened and all."

"Truth?"

"Ya..."

"What truth?"

Diana told him about the entire episode; before the call, the call and its after effects.

Rahul looked at Diana and said, "This is bullsh*t. My mom would never say that."

"I'm not blaming her, but that is what happened."

"Seriously, if you have no feelings for me, I'm happy to live my life the way I have lived till now, and I don't want to get involved with you or your mad talks." He turned and started pacing towards his car.

"I do," Diana said.

Rahul kept walking.

"I do love you too," Diana said.

Rahul slowed down and finally stopped. With hands on his eyes, he turned around. He moved his hands and said, "What?"

"You didn't hear that the first time?"

"No. What did you say?"

"I love you."

"Hmm... Who you? Diana Khanna is saying that to Rahul Kapoor or Naina is saying that to Bunny?"

"Diana Khanna is saying I love you to Rahul Kapoor."

"Hmm... Are you sure?"

"If you ask me for it again, I'll change my answer. Got it?" Tears shimmered in her eyes.

Rahul smirked. He moved closer to her and hugged her, but Diana's grip on him was tighter.

********************

How was this part? :P

Neeta (Rahul's mother) had asked Diana to say no. What do you think will happen next? By the way, the next chapter will be like the nearing end chapter.

Whom do you want to see as a couple? Diana-Rajveer and Kiara-Rahul or Diana-Rahul :P :D