They Meet Again...

This chapter and the next one will be from Third Person POV

"It's six already. Where is mom?" Rahul cracked his knuckles.

"I'm even waiting here since 5 30. Don't ask me." Kiara responded.

Rahul rubbed his chin with his index finger and thumb and thought - What is it that she wants to tell me about Diana? Did she actually ask Diana to say 'no'? I hope not. But just in case, she actually said that, then why did she say it? Will she give a reason for it too?

"Diana?" Kiara remarked.

"What? Where?" Rahul looked around.

"There!" She pointed towards Diana.

Rahul looked in the direction and saw Diana. She and Rajveer were looking around. Diana's smile was cautious while Rajveer simply looked around at the almost empty hall.

Why do I insist on punctuality? If it is an Indian who has thrown a party, never be on time. - Rajveer thought.

Why is she here? - Kiara thought.

There is Rahul. What did he tell Neeta Aunty? I want to talk to him for a minute alone. - Diana thought.

Rahul moved closer to the couple with Kiara.

"Why are they here?" Kiara asked with a plastered smile on her face.

"I don't know. But no one else is around. I think it is our responsibility to welcome them." Rahul said.

When we talk about Diana, everything you do is your responsibility. Go to hell! - Kiara thought as they were about to greet the couple.

"Hello. So, we meet again." Rajveer said with a smile on his face.

"We had to. But it is quite surprising. Didn't know you guys would be here." Kiara said.

"Is it? actually, Diana got a message from Neeta Aunty as she invited us to be here at six."

"Mom? Strange." Rahul said as the corners of his mouth turned up.

Mom, what have you planned?

"Fine. Let's pull up our chairs to the table." Kiara said.

They walked to the nearby table and settled down.

"So, no one's around. Quite strange." Rajveer remarked.

"Yeah, mom told us to be here by five but no one is here. It's quite confusing." Kiara said.

Diana kept looking at Rahul and Rahul occasionally looked at Diana.

Rahul picked out his phone and started typing - Mom called you here?

And sent it to Diana.

Freak! I hope her phone is on silent. - Rahul thought.

Diana looked at her purse and removed her phone. She looked at Rahul and then the message he had sent.

She typed - What did you tell her that made her message me?

Rahul - I didn't say anything.

Diana - Think. You must have said something.

Rahul - It is okay if you don't believe me. But I didn't say anything to mom.

"It looks like you guys are messaging each other. Haha." Rajveer laughed.

Rahul looked at Rajveer and smiled. "Me? No. Sharman sir was saying that the date for the final shot of the movie will be announced soon."

"Oh yeah. What happened to Sharman sir? I heard he had some personal issues. All's well?" Rajveer asked curiously.

"Yeah. Maybe." Rahul replied.

Placing his phone on the table, Rahul said, "So, what are your plans? Your upcoming movie is already being talked about."

"Yeah. Just lucky. For the first time, I'm paired with Priya, and no one else is poking their nose. It is a privilege to work with Priya." He looked at Diana. "Remember the Mastani shoot. It was fun, and I enjoyed spending time with her."

"You enjoyed spending time with Priya while Diana was around?" Kiara mocked.

"No. That is not what I wanted to say. Frankly, shooting for that movie was amazing. In fact, it was the best time I had with Diana. Since then, the graph has always been on the decline. Haha."

Diana's eyelids drooped.

"What? I'm kidding."

Diana looked away and messaged Rajveer - Please don't create a scene here.

Rajveer replied - have I created a scene? Seriously? So, it is fine if you message chat with Rahul when Kiara and I are sitting ideally at the same table. But a joke from my end looks embarrassing?

Diana turned towards Rajveer and with a smile handed over her phone to Rajveer. The message box where she had a conversation with Rahul was open. Without saying anything, she looked away and said, "Nice painting."

"Thanks. My choice." Kiara smiled.

Everything I like she has her eyes on too. Hate you, Diana! - Kiara thought.

"Nice." She looked around and said, "I'm hungry. Starters in here?"

"Will be served," Neeta said while standing on the upper floor. Smilingly, she started walking down the stairs, and everyone watched her like petrified cats.