Rahul and Dad

Rahul's Deep POV

Moving outside his car, he walked straight to the garden area. Sitting on a bench, he looked heavenward and closed his eyes. Different shades of sunlight covered his face.

"Hello, my son." He heard a familiar voice.

Opening his eyes, he saw his smiling father jogging towards him. His father's unusual of a yellow sweatshirt with burgundy track pants made him smile. He got up and with a traditional pari pauna, he hugged his father and said, "How are you, dad?"

"Fit and fine my son. How are you?" He smiled and gave Rahul a pat on his back. "So, how's work and all?"

"Good. Almost done with Sharman sir's movie."

"Good good."

"By the way, I heard you rejected three movie offers."

"Yeah!" he gestured towards the bench. Sitting on the bench, he looked around and said, "What more should I do now? I mean I have done so many movies, and I think I should relax now." Turning towards Rahul, he said, "Not just relax, but spend some happy moments with your mom in here. I like it."

"But still... Three movies?"

"Hmm... Do you know that when your mom married me, she rejected more than ten movies? At that time, no one said 'Ten movies' or anything." He smiled.

Rahul gasped and looked away.

Mom! Mom! Mom!

"What happened?" his father asked.

"Nothing." He kept looking away.

"Something? We are friends, right?" After a pause, he said, "Is it the Sid thing?"

Rahul closed his eyes.

"If you do not want to share your thoughts, we can talk about something else."

"Fine. Yes. It is that guy who is doing everything possible to ruin our lives."

"Hmm... Media guys, you know. You have been a star for years. You should know how to handle this."

"True. Handling such media allegations were easy before my marriage. Now, I'm married, and I have someone with me all the time who keeps asking me questions just because she is my wifi."

"Wifi?"

"I mean wife."

"Haha! Wifi wife. Nice nice." He kept laughing until Rahul placed his elbow on his lay and rested his chin on his palm.

"I mean that thing is funny. But true. A wife can change your life." He laughed and kept laughing until he couldn't breathe. Rahul kept staring at him.

"Dad, you know that this is not really funny. So, please if you can help me, it would be great."

His father took a deep breath and said, "Son, this is something that is really complicated. I don't think I can help you, but I'm sure there is someone who can help you."

"Who?"

"My wifi. Ha ha ha ha... Oh... Oh god... This is so funny."

Rahul covered his face and said, "I think I should go and rest in my room."

"Wait wait." He held Rahul's arm as Rahul was about to get up and said, "Don't get angry son. I was just trying to lighten up your mood. See, there are so many things that often go wrong in our lives. But... everyone has to fight their own battle. Don't you think I have faced similar issues in the past? Why do you think I'm enjoying my life out of the glamor world? You are a Bollywood celebrity and remember, people will always keep talking ill about you all the time. But that doesn't mean you should run away from it. Face it! Face it with a smile on your face."

"Hmm... Is this a dialogue of your some stalled movie?"

"No. Why?"

"Because every time I come to you with a problem, you keep repeating the same dialogue."

His father smiled. "I know. But don't you think that this line goes well with every problem of yours."

Rahul raised his eyebrows and said, "True. It does!"

"It is like a movie story. Everything in a movie remains the same, only situations change. For example, a love story. A love story is usually about two lovers coming together, but their situations change and accordingly hey come up with different solutions. Now, I'm not an expert who can come up with a solution for you all the time. All I can do is to remind you that you should face your problems with a smile, and things will actually change for the good." He smiled.

Rahul even smiled, and there was a comforting hug shared by the father and son.

"So, think about it." His father said as they got up.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?" Rahul said with a smile on his face.

"Party." He smilingly replied. Then, leaning towards Rahul, he said, "Don't you know about it?"

"I do know that. But anyways... So, where's mom?"

"Looking after the decorations and all."

"Hmm... Okay. So, I think I should actually rest for some time so that I don't look sleepy during the event."

"Okay. So..."

"So?"

"So, you go to your room and meet your wifi, and I'll go and meet my wifi. Haha!" He kept laughing all the way.

Rahul smiled.

**********************************************

Small motivational update :D

Btw, next one should be a long one. Neeta ma'am will finally be here :D

Please do check the summary of my other book too :-D :-D