Rahul and Kiara

Rahul's POV

Walking towards his car, his smile faded. He kept thinking about the reason because of which his mom would have said it. In the first place, he wasn't ready to accept that his mom would ever say that because whenever he had a discussion with his mom about Diana, she was always happy and even wanted Diana to be her daughter-in-law. Even if she had said that, what could be the reason behind it?

He opened the door of his car and sat inside. As the driver rode the car to his house, he thought - Is it possible that Diana just made up a story? Oh God! Why would she do that then? Chuck it! As it is, it is all over. I don't want to think about it, at least for some time.

He closed his eyes and rested for some time.

***************

"Sir..." The driver's voice jerked Rahul, who was enjoying his mild sleep session.

Opening his eyes, he said, "What?"

"We have reached home."

He looked around and opened the door of his car. Moving outside, the same question popped up in his mind. Was his mom the reason or Diana made up the story?

**************

Standing outside his room, he said to himself, "Stop thinking about it now. Behave normally, just like nothing has happened."

He took a deep breath and entered the room with a smile on his face.

Looking around, he saw Kiara seated on a chair, writing something in her diary.

He tiptoed towards her and placed his hands on her eyes. She jerked. He said in a fake accent, "Guess who?"

Kiara smirked and said, "Hmm... Tough question. But let me guess. Is it Rahul Kapoor?"

He whispered, "Good guess." and moved his hands.

She looked at him and raised an eyebrow. "What's so special today?

"Nothing." He smiled.

"Did you have a chat with your mom?"

He raised an eyebrow and said, "Why do you ask?"

"Your phone was unreachable. She called me and told you that next week we have to go and meet her."

"Is it?"

"Yup. I thought you are happy because your mom called you."

"Not yet." He started playing with his phone. "I'll go and freshen up."

"Cool."

He moves into his washroom and with the door locked, he looks at himself in the mirror and says, "I don't want to talk about this, but I think it is a good time to talk to her about it. I mean the shooting is getting over and... but what will you do with that answer? Can you change things now? Let's say that your mom gives you a reason, and you do not think that the reason was right, or there was some miscommunication... What can you do? Can you simply go to Kiara and tell her that there was some confusion because of which I married you, and now that the confusion is over, I want to divorce you and get married to Diana? Is this a game, a f*cking stupid game? No! So, shut up and stay normal. Get it? Good. So, what are you looking at yourself now? Go and freshen up."

************

Lying on his bed, he says, "So, what are your plans like for the next week?"

"Nothing," Kiara said.

"After we meet mom next week, I was thinking that we can move out and spend some time together."

"Together? I mean, you and me, right?"