Colours

Give me a canvas, and I will paint you the masterpiece that is my life.

The bright reds that light up my world speak of the fire and the anger that swell within me. They yell the love and passion that rests in my heart that beats in perfect time with the world.

Blue hues decorate the sky so perfectly to remind myself of the confidence and truth I know I possess. It is the colour of eyes that look out at the universe with unchained wonder. It is the colour of the water that sings to me just waiting to welcome me home again.

The sparkling yellows are the innocence and happiness of days gone by. It wraps around me like a blanket when the days are too long, and chants to me that everything will be alright. It is warm like those summer days, and I am once again back on my feet. I am running through fields of grain with the sun softly caressing my face.

There are the greens of growth, the oranges of determination, and the purples of ambition. In the corner lies the black that bleeds into white. It is there to remind me that even though there may be moments of darkness, there will be moment of light and promise. Where there is an ending there will be a beginning.

Give me a canvas, and with the colours of the world I will paint you the masterpiece of my life.