Time Stood Still

There was a moment where I thought time had come to a stop. The endless sea of people around me vanished, and all that was left was you. Car horns were dulled, sirens stopped their blaring, and the voices around us were silenced. Your crystal blues eyes held firm while I shuddered under your gaze. Time made you stand out perfectly, and I will never be able to erase that from my memory.

My feet carried me own their own accord until I was standing in front of you. My knees were shaking with anticipation, and my heart was beating so loudly that I was so sure that you could hear it. My voice was barely above a whisper and stuttered to a stop when you hit me with that smile.

You kept that smile painted across your face for the entire night up until we once again found ourselves at our meeting spot. I could tell that you didn't want to leave, and I didn't want you to go. I could only watch as you bounced on your feet, asking for another chance, and my heart lept at the thought of becoming yours. I don't know what I said, but the echo of your laughter made it seem unimportant.

As I watched you walk away from me, the world around me came back to life. A passerby shoved past me, but my only thought was of you.