Selfless

He knew if he gave the word that she would stay behind without a second thought. If he let her know how much it saddened him to see her go, then she would empty her bags and lay back down next to him. He knew that if he held on tightly, she would not dare to pull away.

He watched her dance around their shared apartment with an energy he wishes he could replicate. Even though his heart is hurting he keeps his mouth quiet and watches her go. When they arrived at the airport and she began to disappear into the crowd of people, he wanted nothing more than to call her back. To take her hand and take her back to the car. He wanted to let yell for her, and speak that he didn't want herto go.

But he couldn't.

This was her dream, and he wasn't going to take it from her. As selfish as he usually was, he couldn't bare the thought of ripping this away. She gave one last glance of his shoulder, and he felt himself giving a small wave. She was going to go out there, and show the universe just how amazing she was.

Maybe there would be the endless cosmos between them, maybe she would come back a different person or maybe he himself would change, but he wasn't going to let her give this up. She wanted to discover distant planets, chart unexplored crevices on the universe, and venture into unknown galaxies. This was her chance, and he wanted to watch her shine even if that meant being left behind.