Heard that.. U are doomed

Staring at my father's sleeping, I sobbed softly. This was the same man who used to carry me on his shoulders and take me to market. He is the same man who never did anything wrong, never went out of way to achieve his dreams, never treated his family like they owned him for taking their care. I took his hand in mine as if trying to find calmness but all I got was stillness. I love my dad. Likeevery daughter even my dad is my hero. I will die a thousand death to stop one tear of his. He is my everything. My everything.

Dr. uncle's voice was ringing in my ears, his every word had wounded my wounds... my dad was loosing his health.... he was... dieing

"Kanika bete, please listen to me carefully. I know it will be hard on you but please try to understand.. please.. just "

" Uncle please stop beating around the bush. You are scaring me " a lone tear escaped my eyes

" Don't cry bete just.. I don't know how to say it but your father's health is deteriorating day by day. We have to conduct his surgery within the coming month. Today it was a minor stroke but tomorrow who knows..... "

In that moment I felt myself shattering

----------------

I ran as fast as I could but what's the point, am still at the same place. Getting down from the treadmill, I fell back on the bed. My father's words are haunting me, how dare that moron Abhinav do this. My father treated him like his son and that ungrateful piece of shit backstabbed us.

I want to kick his butt!  Right now! I even have my sport shoes on.

flashback

"Dad " I sobbed holding his hand, " how are you feeling. You know how worried you got us. Sacchi daddy.. aaj se no mithai for you "

He pouted like a child and chuckled but right behind that I could see his tired eyes and sad face.

He squeezed my hand gently," I know that ass of my doctor best friend must have exaggerated my mere sickness into something tragic. That lowlife money making.... "

" Daddy stop " I interjected him before he started slanging Doctor uncle again. I know he doesn't mean it but still. Doctor uncle is my favourite

" Come on daddy, It's not doctor uncle's fault that you are actually in ill health because of your taste buds. And tell me what does money making have to do with all this?" I pretended to be angry

"Arre you don't know beta, these doctors are just too much. See if he says am sick, I will go to visit his clinic, if I go to his clinic, he will prescribe me medicine, if he prescribes me medicine, I will buy them from his hospital's pharmacy, If I buy it from his hospital's pharmacy, he will get commission. And that's how the whole thing works . And yeah, I will even have to pay his visiting fees which will go straight into his pocket "

I stared at him wide eyed with my best Exactly - what - kind - logic - was - that look

And this man suffered a heart stroke some hours ago. Damn.. with such statement and logic, he is giving one to me.

I burst out laughing hysterically, I just love my dad "Daddy I love you"

"I love you too my baccha " he joined in my laughter

After we both calmed down, I saw his face drop for a moment. I knew something was wrong and I had to find it today.

" What is it daddy. Won't you tell me?  I know something is bothering you.. now tell me please "

He caressed his hand on my forehead lovingly " Kanu, Will you answer my one question honestly? "

" Ofcourse daddy, why not"

" Will You forgive your dad if I say that I have lost everything because I was trusting someone blindly "

I raised an eyebrow not understanding a word of his" Dad, I don't hold the position to forgive you, you are my father. Children can only accept or unaccept  their parent's decision or mistake not judge them. Who am I to forgive you. Please don't say such things "

His eyes glistened with tears and it pricked my heart the moment I saw him like that " Abhinav cheated me bete. He took my trust for granted and showed his true colors. I am so ashamed of having blind faith on him "

flashback ends

I can't believe he did that. He got my father to sign 'The Power of Attorney'  in his name without letting him know. What was he.. an orphan whom my father saw selling flowers on traffic signals. That day my father made sure that he was sent to a boarding school, received good education and when he grew up my father appointed him in his own company and what he did? Humanity has no real value nowadays . I can't believe all his sugary talks and care for us was nothing but a lie.

I don't know what are we going to do, my sister is still in 1st year, how will we provide her a good future with this condition and what about my own career, house expenses and most of all my father's treatment.
I gripped the bedsheets tightly into my fist trying my best not to cry but still tears escaped my eyes

My phone rang breaking my thoughts "Hello"

"Hi pigtail " spoke the last person whose voice I wanted to hear right now

Without answering back I tried to disconnect the call  but.......

" Don't even think of disconnecting the call, I as well am not interested to hear your frog like croaking voice but just wanted to confirm the best news that I have heard about Malhotras "

My eyes widened at his mocking tone"  Wh.. what have you heard? " despite trying to sound firm, my voice came out like a whisper

" That you and your sweet little family is doomed baby "

What The ....

***************

Here is the next chapter guys please read, vote, comment and share.Let me know if you like it or not. Or if there are any mistakes that I should rectify. I know am not a good writer but come on yaar, its the first time writing.. please tell me how I am doing.

And yeah, about the late update, I had an accident with my scooty. Trust me it was painful but mostly embarrassing because I had it in the main market and I was on the road all injured (only leg btw) and people were looking at me. They helped me up.. whereas some just stood and said "ladkiyo ko toh koi bhi gaari de do.. kahi na kahi thok hi degi.. inko toh license hi nhi dena chahiye" (To girls whichever vehicle you give to drive, they will cause an accident with it, they shouldn't be given license at all)

Seriously that was so irritating. These freaking judgemental trespassers, next time I will hit Him with my scooty sacchi.

Anyways you guys enjoy reading.