Some Memories

This beautiful girl in mirror was staring back at me with determined eyes. It was ME.. the new me. I had finally made biggest decision of my life and am sure about being right in my place.

Coming out of my room, I moved to stand by the railing in my balcony. Tonight.. my life will change forever. My parents said nothing about my decision because no matter how angry and hurt they are... They do love me. I played my second card of this game by telling them that I LIKE Uday.

There is no doubt in their mind regarding this... atleast till now this is what it seems but Ritika has been exceptionally quite these days. Sometimes the way she looks at me, it makes me feel so guilty, like she knows am lying.

Staring ahead at the back garden, I inhaled deeply calming myself. Life is so unpredictable. You never know what can happen when. Just like what happened with me. I always dreamt of this day to be the most special day of my life when my life would get knotted with the man of my dreams. Who would love me like a lover, care for me like a friend, protect me like my dad and cherish me like a husband.. in return I would love him with all my heart and devote my life to make our married life heavenly but look... what a cruel joke my destiny has played with me.

I hate him.. I hate him for making me do this. For making me a person that I have become now.. I will hate him forever. He always wanted to marry me but now that it is actually happening, I will make sure he regrets it for life.

I saw him two weeks ago after the scene I had created at his office, when he came with his dad to meet us. Kapoor uncle was ecstatic to know that I am ready to marry him but my inner guilt was not letting me make eye contact with him.

Only if you knew why am I doing this Uncle... am sorry. Am so sorry

Uday was quite throughout I and Kapoor uncle talked but his looks were enough to say that he wanted some of his questions answered. After dad and uncle had finally decided over our marriage, Uday asked my mom to let me talk to him.

My mother being the typical mummy pushed me with him in the balcony and that was the last time we talked until today.

Flashback

"What is all this? " He questioned in his signature venomous voice looking ahead at the backyard not even sparing me a glance.

" Ah... That.. Those are trees, flower pots an.... ", I pointed my finger forward and showed him but he interrupted

" Oh shut up. What is all this marriage and all. You hate me .. don't you. You never wanted to get married to me. You were never happy with me being around and after what I did that day.. you must have been despising me. Then what all this marriage shit is about. Even your family is doing well now.. then why this ?? "

Putting both his palm on the railing, he looked at me curiously as if trying to study me.

Mann toh karta hai Aankh hi phod du, wo bhi gulli dande ke dande se. Chirkut kahi ka. ++

" One line answer to all your question is that the above reasons are my reason for marrying you. "

Confidently I tucked my hands near my chest and stared at him mockingly.

" And before you ask why, let me tell you.. that question will not be answered theoretically.. instead you will know it slowly practically. "

He glared at me all irritated," What is this?? Science experiment?? Answer me straight away or else......... "