A Shock

Three months later

"Okay so you got the difference between the primary suffix and a secondary suffix right. Remember it guys that suffix play a very important role in naming a compound. "

" Yes ma'am ", They all nodded and just then bell rang calling it the end of my chemistry period for the day.

I collected my things and moved out. A forty five minute class really exhausts you.

Yes, I am a teacher now. There was no choice.. I wanted to do a lot in my life but being an under graduate doesn't really give you an option. Science was my life and pursuing a career in it was my dream but now it was all shattered. My life was crushed in the hands of my own destiny.

Sighing I sat down in staff room. Hardly anyone was around, must be in their classes. I opened my table's drawer and took out the frame.

MY FAMILY... slowly my fingers grazed on it. Three months has changed so much in my life. In the name of property, we only have our home and mom's jewellery.. everything else is gone.

Dad's health wasn't well so there was no question of him working but then somebody had to or else how would things work out. I had not finished my graduation and now nor was I intending to.

My sister Ritika was just in first year and I did not want her to be deprived of living her dreams even if it meant sacrificing mine.

Sighing heavily I started ticking the points in Chemistry book that was to be taught tomorrow. I was a class eleven teacher and kids these days.... God, they were utter crazy. Their idiotic questions at times really irked me but it is my job after all.

A soft knock disturbed my attention and Suhani was standing there holding her books, smiling at me.

"What happened Suhani? ", I smiled back. Don't know why but I always liked this girl. She has become one of my favorite students in this school. Hard working, obedient and very polite.

" Am sorry to disturb you Miss Kanika . Actually I just wanted to talk to you." She said little nervously

"Not a problem.. please go on " I assured her

" Miss as you already know that even though I am trying my level best, my chemistry marks are not as good as other subjects. I find it difficult to score in this. So I was thinking.... I mean even my dad said that could you please teach me privately... like a personal tuition ", she chewed her lips at the end and looked down immediately.

I chuckled at her behaviour, this girl was really so cute, " I would love to help you in any way that I can but I don't do private tutions dear because my family especially my mom she will never allow any student coming up for hours at my house." I winked at her explaining my mom's antic behaviour.

" Please Miss, I really need your help. I only stay with my dad so you can come to my place Miss. I understand whatever you teach, so only you can help me. Please don't say no. " She almost pleaded.

I felt a little bad and even I had noticed her low marks in chemistry. Being a teacher, it is my duty to help her but from nine to two in morning and then again tutions, that would be too hectic for me.

" Am Sorry Suhani, I cannot...... "

" Please don't say no miss.... please understand " she chanted all desperately.

I looked at her pleading face and I could not control myself

" Okay.. just give me your address . And your number, we will discuss the timings over the phone "