A Demand

I looked outside the window not wanting to face him after our embarrassing scene some moments ago. My sudden hug had startled him and what he said later was even more surprising. I couldn't believe my ears on what I heard from him and by the look on his face... he was shocked as well.

Looking outside the window, I started eating my cornetto that he had got for me.

Ice cream se kya dushmani... huh

Neither of us spoke a word till we finally reached his farmhouse. His family was there already waiting for us and I sighed softly dreading to perform more rituals.

His Bua ji kept us standing near the main door and went in to bring Kalash and Aarti ki thali.
Out of nowhere, I suddenly yawned making everyone look at me while Uday glared all embarrassed at my behavior. I covered my mouth immediately not knowing how to react. This was so embarrassing. All my sister in laws, brother in laws, aunties started laughing making me go red in shame.

"Aww Bhabhi. Did Uday bhai bore you so much throughout the way."

One of them joked wiggling her eyebrows while I stood with my head bowed down.

Bolna zaroori tha tujhe...

I scoffed in my mind at her words but didn't say anything. Finally Bua ji came with the things and did our Aarti. I pushed the Kalash lightly with my feet and we entered.

"Bhabhi... not so easily. You can't get the entry for free. Where is my gift? "

Shraddha, who I believe was Bua ji's daughter chirped in blocking my way faking anger.

" What do you want? ", I asked smiling at her... she was really sweet.

" Uhh.. I don't know but you must have got something for me. Don't tell me you forgot to bring gift for your husband's dearest sister. ", she playfully glared at me.

Smiling at her innocent complain, I slowly took out the velvet box from my purse and gave it to her. Ritika had brought it day before yesterday for this same ritual. Mummy had already told me about this so I had made Ritika buy it for me.

She literally snatched it from my hand in excitement making me giggle.

" Aww thank you Bhabhi, this is so beautiful. I love you.. You are allowed to enter now. ", she smiled brightly even pecking my cheeks.

Everyone laughed at her antic and we entered the house. For some time, Buaji introduced me to everyone and slowly after about an hour or two, all the guests and relatives left bidding us bye.

I was tired already. Uday was talking over the phone and Kapoor Uncle was having a chat with Phupaji. I just sat there idly not knowing where to go.

Koi mujhe bhi yaad karlo.. Pak rahi hu yha

Thankfully, Shraddha came out of the room and dragged me to a room saying that Buaji was calling me. As soon as I entered the room all the colors from my face drained.

It was a big room with a king size bed. Whole room was decorated with candles and flowers.. and the bed, numerous rose petals were scattered on it in a decorative style. My heart thumped realizing the whole situation.

Wedding Night... shit. Aaj gyi tu beta Kanika.

"So Bhabhi excited for your wedding night.. Han? ", Shraddha nudged me devilishly.