Story spinner

I tried my best to ignore him but this is my problem.. I cannot keep my temper to myself, I have to blast it out and right now by following me he was not making it any better.

"Running away from me will not solve your problem pigtail. " the infamous nuthead spoke

I don't know how should I feel. Angry, sad or how else. Am not yet graduated so getting a job is really tough for me. This was one option but what just happened inside after that even if I get the appointment letter from that baldy, I will not accept this job.

flashback

"What??  Is it true?  " the old man exclaimed in sheer happiness

Uday held my hand snatching it away from my lap,"  Yes, we are about to get married soon "

I looked at him with my best disgusting face of mine but that didn't seem to hit even his tiny nerve so trying to snatch my hand I glared at him

" Oh come on Kanika.. it's ok. You don't need to feel shy baby."

Baby???  My foot

" Principal sir is very long time associate of ours and moreover dad is the trustee of this college and anyways everyone will come to know about it sooner or later " He smiled squeezing my hand. I swear if we didn't have an audience here, I would have kicked him in his you know where by now

I didn't know just how to react so I tried to keep my face straight. Principal looked at us with his biggest smile like he was about to receive an Oscar, " Oh am so glad to hear that but am surprised that she has come for an interview here. how come Mr. Kapoor?" 

There was a genuine curiosity in his eyes and the hold on my hand tightened making me whimper slightly.

"You see sir, my fiance haven't yet finished her graduation  so she wants to wait for it to be over before we get married but I don't want that."  he said with mischievous smile on his face, "so we had a fight yesterday and in anger she is here to apply for the job. Since she knew I would be here today, this is her little plan to irritate me."

My goodness!  what a story spinner.. Urrgh

By now my face was as red as tomato so I did what I thought at that moment

"Excuse me, I have to go "

I snatched my hand away from him and closed the door with a bang as I moved out.

flashback ends

Hurriedly I got inside the elevator but before I knew he stuck his foot to get inside with me. Even though he was there and I was super crazy at him , what happened a moment ago in the office had me so perplexed that I hell didn't know what to speak.

"Trying to give me silent treatment?? " He cornered me putting his one hand on the wall behind me.

I gritted my teeth to stop myself from saying anything but other than the anger, I don't know why I was feeling something else too. His nearness.... it was making me breath heavily. I tucked my hands near my chest trying to look mad at him

"What happened pigtail?  Don't have something to throw at me today?  Or our this close proximity is making you feel... nervous? " He leaned a little closer making my heart skip a beat

What was that

He slowly moved even closer and stopped right beside my ears. I could smell his spicy mint cologne and it was making me feel so breathless that I had to close my eyes to stop this sensation.

" I tried to talk things out to you sweetheart but you are too stubborn for your own good. Get it straight that now you don't have any option, but me. You have to come to me Kanika. I know everything that is going in your family and trust me when I say I will help you through all this. Money can solve every fucked up situation. Marry me Kanika and put yourself out of misery. Or else you have no idea how tough your life is going to be. " He whispered slowly tracing my earlobe with the tip of his nose.

I pushed him off with all my strength making him collide with the elevator wall and just then the elevator doors open. I felt a lone tear escape my eyes and I realized.

I was crying. His words made me feel so helpless and cheap. Why was he doing this?

Before he could see me like this, I rushed out wiping my tears with the back of my palm but I guess I was still late. He yanked me by my arms and pulled me to nearby wall.

"What The hell is wrong with you. " I screeched letting out my frustration. My back had collided with wall due to his pulling and Damn... it hurts

I don't know if I am sure but I saw his face going from anger to shock to worry. What was he worried about

" You are crying? " he asked softly as if really worried.

My heart cringed at his question unknowingly. Was that worry for me?

" Like You care? " I said while turning my head to the other side not wanting to look at him. This man was making me feel so many things at same time. I am only supposed to have one feeling towards him and that is anger then why am I feeling all these different things. Why can't my heart just keep its normal pace when he is so close to me

"Don't cry Kanika.. please " he said gently wiping my tears away from his fingers " don't make it difficult for me and for yourself. Just give in. " he said softly kissing my cheeks. I suddenly felt all my energy leaving my body while I closed my eyes . I heard him say my name and hold me in his arms but before I knew anything else darkness consumed me.

*********