Giving In

Sitting in front of the dressing table I gave a last touch to my make up. As soon as my parents heard that I am ready to marry Uday, they are super happy since then. It has been one week and today is my engagement. Kapoor uncle wants everything to happen quickly.

They are so happy.. my mummy has been shopping since one week and talk about my sister, she has even matched which hairpin she will put so that it matches with her lehenga. Even though I know how my life is going to be ruined after marrying that heartless man still I can't help but smile at my family's excitement.

Daddy's health is improving slowly and That nuthead, I don't know how I am going to manage my life with him. Every night from past one week, he irritates me at night. Sometime wife, princess, beautiful, gorgeous, pigtail and I don't know what not nonsense names he gives me. I don't even know why he has to talk to me every night. But according to his highness nuthead the great, every engaged couple should talk regularly to know each other closely. Totally Rubbish

Liar, don't you wait for his calls
my subconscious mind whispered making me red as a tomato

"Kanika area you ready. let's go " My cousin sister  Varsha said

" Wow jiji you look so pretty. Jiju will go flat on you today. let's go na they are waiting " Ritika squealed hugging me.

I got up holding my lehenga slightly. Because of Daddy's ill health, Kapoor uncle insisted to keep the engagement ceremony as simple as possible with very less guest and I couldn't be more thankful to him for this. He really is a sweetheart. Sometimes I wonder how could a man like him have a devil like Uday as his son.

Climbing down the stairs, I could hear whispers like 'Wow'  'so pretty'  but I kept my eyes down. I was escorted by my mom who kissed my cheeks in happiness and made me stand beside Uday.

Though I kept avoiding to look at him but I knew he was staring at me every now and then. Though there were less guest but still since we were having this in my home. Our lawn was filled with people. Some eating, some talking and some just enjoying dancing or things like that.

What an irony.. except those who are getting married everyone else is happy.
" I never knew my junglee billi could behave so elegantly. Sharmana bhi aa gya.  "  my so called fiance whispered beside me.

"  Junglee billi?  And what are you donkey?  Stop calling me names. And who said am feeling shy? Are you hallucinating? " I hissed very softly

"  Now that's like my pigtail " he smirked moving closer to me.

" Come on now its time to exchange rings " Kapoor uncle chirped attracting everyone's attention.

Suddenly I felt my heart skip a beat. That ring on my finger of his name will forever tie me with him. That pain.. God knows what was that but it was making me feel restless. Unknowingly I looked at Uday and saw him having a different look on his face.. it was hard to understand what he was thinking of but he was deep in thoughts about something.

" Here take it Uday.. don't make my daughter in law wait. " Kapoor uncle teased.

Finally after lots of cheering and teasing, we exchanged rings. My sister and cousins danced on many Bollywood numbers but throughout I was feeling very uneasy.

I rested my back on the recliner in my room. All the noise and this heavy getup was giving me mild headache so I excused myself and came here to spend some time alone. As soon as I closed my eyes I felt a hand touch my face.

"What The hell.. what are you doing here " I jerked away his hand.

" Oh come on pigtail .. we just got engaged so I wanted to  some quality time with my soon to be wifey " He leaned closer encircling me in his arms. I tried to get out of his grip but he didn't buzz at all.

"  Leave me Uday " finally giving up I sighed looking at me

" Why? Are you feeling nervous again with my closeness?  " he slowly traced his nose along my cheeks.

Closing my eyes, I tried moving back only to be pulled closer by him. His palm squeezed my waist making me gasp but as I opened my mouth, I felt something warm on my lips.

He was kissing me already. For a moment, I felt myself floating. Everything stopped for a second and before I knew I found myself responding.

Our lips moved in sync and despite knowing it was not supposed to be this way, I could not pull back. I felt him smile against my lips while he glued me more closer to himself making me completely give in.

Was I unknowingly giving in to him completely??

********