His late apology

I looked at Ritika's tearful eyes. It was like as if she was going to collapse. Her whole body trembled with anxiety as she gripped my hands tighter.

"Choti... Kya hua? Are you ok?. ", I asked softly in a whisper squeezing her hand.

Like as if a bucket of water has been splashed on her, she retracted her hand from mine.

" uh.. am fine di. I will just come from washroom ok. Where is it.? "

This was so confusing. She was shivering like a leaf, almost about to faint. Her face seemed to have lost all its color but I knew.. with everyone standing around us, I couldn't ask her anymore questions.

" That way... come I will show you. "

I showed her the way and and she went.. leaving me completely confused

Raghav was now sitting with uncle and talking to him.

" Hello Bhabhi. ", He waved when he noticed me looking at me.

" Hi ", I smiled back and he came to sit beside me.

" I see.. you were so busy with your sister that you didn't even notice me till now. ", He pouted faking a hurt expression that made me chuckle.

" Oh really sorry about that.. so you are Raghav? "

He beamed nodding his head.

" Well yeah..that's me. ", for a moment he looked towards the way Ritika had gone skeptically," did your sister get scared of seeing me that she ran away?"

His voice.. when he mentioned Ritika's name, sounded so cold that even I squirmed. His eyes all of a sudden lost its warmth as he stared that way.

"Umm.. No. She just had to use washroom. ", I said looking away more confused .

He might have noticed my discomfort and next moment I knew, he shifted a bit more closer.. the friendliness back in his aura.

" Uhh Bhabhi, where is Uday bhai? He didn't even come to pick me up. "

I smiled not knowing what to say. Uday didn't go to pick him up then where was he. How could a man be so insensitive. I know that he doesn't consider my family as his own but atleast he could have been here for the sake of relationship.

Heights of attitude.

I shrugged and apologized to him. How could I know where he was. There was no way I would ever know what this man or more precisely my nuthead husband was upto.

Raghav was a really cheerful guy. We kept on talking some more, getting to know each other. Mom gave me a gift packet that she had got for me, I happily accepted it. Meanwhile Ritika had come back but instead of sitting beside me, she went and sat beside mummy.

Her face seemed pale while she played with her fingers not talking to anyone, just staring at her hands. Every now and then I would catch Raghav giving a side glance to her but she never looked up. It was past nine already and Uday had still not come back. I excuse myself and came to my room. After contemplating a lot, I decided to call him myself.

His phone rang.

"Hello. ", his deep voice greeted

" Where are you? "

Not sorry to say, I was in no mood of pleasantries when he was ditching on meeting my family.

" I am with my friends at a bar. Tell your parents hello on their drunk son-in-law's behalf. What do you want by the way ? ", came his bored reply