Flipping mood

After the little heated moment in kitchen, Uday finally left me with a peck on my forehead and a heart warming smile. As soon as he left, my eyes released what it had been holding for so long.

I burst out crying clutching my pallu, my mind was in chaos. What I was doing and why I was doing it at all suddenly became a big question mark. It felt as though my inner conscience was screaming at me. My fingers trembled and suddenly it became so hard to breath.

Realising that I had already become too late, I swiftly wiped my tears and held the bowl of dessert tightly and walked towards the dining area. Everyone was busy having food and talking.

"Where were you Kanu, what took you took you so long?", My mummy asked softly holding my hand in a hushed voice so that no one could listen.

"Nothing. ", I really did not know what to tell her. She looked at me trying to figure out but I lowered my gaze.

Like always, Daddy praised my cooking and I felt happy once again. Even Uday was smiling now, for a moment I felt him look at me proudly as Daddy lectured him on being Lucky for having a wife who could cook well and winked at my mom. Mom just rolled her eyes at him and we all laughed.

Dinner went by slowly and finally it was time for my family to leave. Ritika hugged me tightly telling how much she missed me.

"Don't worry sis in law madam, your sister is in safe hands.", Uday said playfully making her smile while I just rolled my eyes.

"Ofcourse I know that bro in law but I am worried for you, as much as I know my sister, I don't think you are in safe hands. ",  They high fived

Haww. Ritika ki bacchi

" Choti ",  I glared at her pulling her ears as she squirmed and went on to hide behind Uday showing me her tongue.

" Oh come on Wifey. Sis in law is not completely wrong, I am actually living in fear these days. ",  He winked at me

Haan haan kyu nahi,. Tum aur darr. Taj mahal Kala na ho jaaye jis din tum darr jao

I stomped on his foot and went away huffing, to bid bye to mummy and daddy, leaving behind the dear sis and bro in law to have their lovely conversation. They both chuckled after me.

A part of me, even though I never wanted to admit, always felt happy that Uday treated Ritika really well. They both had a beautiful relationship which I was happy as well as scared about. The problem with Ritika was that she trusted people too well, never giving a second thought. Her heart was just as innocent as her and this innocence of her was becoming a matter of worry for all of us.

Daddy and Kapoor uncle were engrossed in their last minute talks while mom was asking Raghav to come home sometime. He promised her to come soon. I could see that he was already in good book of mom. She patted his cheeks lovingly and turned towards me.

"Kanu, now we shall leave. Take good care of everything ok. ",  she hugged me lovingly. Daddy also joined her patting my head.

" And sometimes visit us. Don't get too engrossed in your married life. ",  Ritika chirped from behind.

We all smiled at her words.. ofcourse except Raghav. What's going on?

Finally they left and we returned back. I asked Raghav to let me know if he needed anything and he nodded going towards room after giving me a hug.

Tired and confused, I moved to my room. Uday followed me not saying anything. I went inside washroom first to change and freshen. After washing up,  I felt a lot better. When I came out Uday had already changed into track and vest. His mood suddenly seemed to have died down.

From his facial expression it was obvious he was sulking. He looked at me once and I raised my eyebrows to ask what happened but he lowered his gaze to his laptop.

kya ho gya ab isse

"What is wrong?  What happened? ",  I asked settling on my side of bed

He lifted up his eyes to me and glared. Scrunching my nose, I grabbed a pillow and threw at him.

" What the hell? ", He hissed catching the pillow

" Why did you just give me that angry look? "

He huffed and threw away the pillow. Once again his eyes shifted to his laptop and he started typing away furiously. His face was set hard with his jaws clenched.

Pagla, Buddhu, ja ghus ja laptop me.

I turned away from him, giving up on his antic and closed my eyes. His fingers started typing away more furiously. That sound was getting irritating now.

I tried to block the sound over my ears but it got more and more disturbing.

"Will you stop that or atleast do it slowly? ",  Not being able to control it anymore, I shouted at him.

" Will YOU stop getting comfortable around all the men but me? ", He shouted back

Arre..

" What are you speaking? ",  I asked totally confused.

" Don't What me?  Why did you have to hug Raghav? What is he a pre-nursery kid going to school? ",  He spoke between his gritted teeth

Hey bhaggu.. dimag bhi kya share market me invest kar diya hai isne.

I looked him incredulously not knowing what to say at all.

" Have you lost it? He is your brother and my brother in law Uday. He is infact a brother. please understand ", I whispered holding his hand still bewildered at his attitude

" And he is a man. ", He shouted back again jerking my hand away

My body shook in fear at his tone as I flinched back. My head hit the headboard of the bed and tears filled my eyes on its own.

" Arrgh", I clutched the back of my head, it pained there.

"Are you OK?  Oh my god, what happened?",  He immediately crossed the distance admist and touched my head. His anger suddenly turning into worry.

"Leave me ",  I pushed him off crying hard.

This man is impossible. I am right with what I am doing. He doesn't have a control on his temper, on his words and definitely not on his actions. It's now or never.

Leaving him astound at my push, I got down from the bed, grabbed the pillow and went to another room just infront of ours. He and his flipping moods can go to hell for all I care.

Tomorrow I am going to get it done, I don't care how but now I have do it.

_____________________