Making Choices

I bit down my sob but it was too hard to control. That picture and his words kept replaying in my mind

"Either you make a choice of marrying me or else by tomorrow this picture will be all over the Internet darling. What say! "

" No " I screamed throwing a bottle at the mirror.

I don't trust that man. He can do anything even if it means ruining someone's life. How will my dad take it. I know kissing is not such a big deal in this modern world but for society everything concerning others is a big deal. So many problems, so many troubles and on top of this.. how has my life turned so upside down.

Clutching my head, I sat down on my head like it was going to explode. It was so messed up.. my life was so messed up.

"Kanu your dad is calling you beta " mom called from the other room.

Wiping my tears, I went to my dad's room, " Yes daddy you called me? "

" Haan bete come sit with me." he said patting beside him in bed

I slowly sat beside him trying my best to smile. He looked so pale and sick. Just in few days of sickness he had become so pale.

"What happened daddy, anything wrong? " I held his hand

He seemed really worried.. faint lines of worry was very much visible on his face.

" Kanika please tell me.. do you like Uday? "

I did not know what to say. His expecting eyes were glued on me. Marrying him like getting tied to a nightmare for a lifetime and I don't want to spend my life with a heartless man like him.

But somewhere you do feel something.. don't you. I flinched at my own thoughts.

" Daddy you are not well please take rest na. We can talk about this later., "

I pulled the quilt over him but he stopped me catching my hand ,

" Kanu you know I always dreamt of getting you married to a guy who will treat you well, respect you and give you all the happiness that you deserve bete. After what has happened to us, I don't know how will I "

He stopped with a heavy voice. I squeezed his hands trying to reassure him.

" Uday is a very nice guy bete. When everyone else is turning their backs on us he and he father are still there for us. You have no idea how much Nishant is supporting me. And his son Uday, he still wishes to marry you. Am not saying marry him straight away because am saying but The little time that I have spent with him.. I have made out that he is just perfect for you. He will never let you cry and take good care of you bete. He values relationships bete, he is just like you... tough from outside and soft hearted from within. "

oh daddy only if you knew him. Ye sab jhoot hai.

I stared at my father not knowing what to say. Tears made its way down my cheeks and he wiped it slowly.

" I know it's a big decision mera baccha and at the end you have all the right to decide but trust my experience Kanu.. he is the right guy for you. You must be scared, doubtful and unsure about many things but marriage is a sacred and eternal relationship bete. As your married life with him will progress.. You will not even know and one day this Stanger will become your life. Think of it and make a choice. I am not pestering you Kanu, you decide what you have to and we will accept it okay. "

I hugged him tightly crying my heart out. Am so lucky to have a dad like him. I can't let him down.. I can't let my family down. I have to decide now no matter what.

Rubbing off my tears, I came out of the room and saw my mom and sister with tearful eyes. They must have heard everything that dad said. Despite them not saying anything, I could already hear their unsaid question. My family needed my answer. My family needed me.. my choice.. or may be my sacrifice.

I entered my room closing the door behind me. Taking a deep long breath, I dialed his number.

"Hello pigtail.. decision ready.? "

An arrogant voice spoke through the phone.

" Am Ready! " a single tear made its way down.

" for what beautiful? " I could already see him smirking devilishly on the other side.

" To marry... I. AM. READY. TO. MARRY. YOU. " Just as the last word finished, disconnecting the call I sat down with a thump crying.

*********

Okay I know I was supposed to update yesterday but yaar, at the same time my phone decided to go husss twice my update got deleted, don't know how ... not my fault na. blame my phone (don't curse it please just blame) . So Forgive me please.

And yes, Since I am updating regularly now but I missed yesterday so next update will be up by tonight.

Please drop in your votes and comment. :)