Realization

I stared outside my window at god knows what. My life was moving on like a tv serial and I was hating it to the core. They say Engagement day in a woman's life holds special memories but for me, now everytime I remembered it.. only a sob made its way out of my mouth.

I had let him violate myself without knowing anything about him. I believed his fakeness.. I fell into his trap.. how could I. And the way he made fun of my weakness on my face was tearing me apart, making me feel like as if my soul was being burnt down. That man proved it yesterday that he is nothing but a Cruel manipulative arrogant rich boy, who thinks that he can play with anyone or anything.

My eyes were swollen by now but I continued to rub my tears off. Yesterday's date with him destroyed my every hope regarding this marriage . This marriage was nothing but a god damn joke to him and I will never let anyone make a joke out of my life.

I maybe weak but still strong enough to fight for myself and my family. Many people face problems but with struggle they come out of it.. even I will struggle.. even I will suffer but work hard to get my family out of this but will never give in to circumstances.

It's My Life.. No one has a right to give me a choice.. It's me who will decide . That rich bastard can go to hell with all his money because I don't need it. I don't need his support, his power and nor his back because am capable enough to fall and stand myself.

Gladly I shut my eyes remembering my decision and the shocked look on his face

flashback

He got up stretching himself and sat down on the opposite chair smiling devilishly at me and resumed eating his ice cream.

"Aww pigtail.. really thought that I will propose you? " he mocked emphasising more on the word propose.

" What was all that then?  " my voice came out heavier than expected.

" Tsk Tsk.. this is the problem with you, so dumb you are. " mockery was dropping straight from his words

No.. don't cry here Kanika.. Stop

" I asked you.. what was all that. And who was that guy?  what perfect shot?  Answer me " my voice thickened more due to my sobs that I was suppressing.

He lifted one of his eyebrows glancing arrogantly at my face and I knew that look very well which screamed mockery at me.

"  Just one line answer to your question is that My dad was irritated at me for not giving you a grand marriage proposal which he thinks you deserve so had to do this drama. " he looked away rolling his eyeballs in irritation.

" And before you shoot more question let me tell you that I said that stupid proposal line all seriously to get a natural reaction from you, to have a picture perfect snap for showing my father, how happy he will be to see his would be daughter in law all ready to marry me. So basically, I just made you play along with me.. "

His every word broke something within me while I stared at him dumbfounded not knowing how to react.

"  Why would y... yo.. you do that?? " my voice broke

" Uh.. now don't cry pigtail like you are really heartbroken. But I must say you were really enjoying this whole thing a lot. What do you think I will propose you. Have you already started to like me? "

I suddenly felt sick in my stomach to even look at this man in front of me. This marriage to him was not a solution to my problems but a problem itself.

What was I.., a girl who always lived her life on her own condition.. ,
doing to myself. Problems or no problems but marrying a man who has no respect, compassion or feeling for me will only ruin my future. Marrying him to save my family from financial crisis is no less than selling myself for money.

No.. I will not do this anymore. I can't bare with this. I closed my eyes tightly to calm down and got up slamming both my hands on the table.

"you know what.. you are right. I did play along but I have a sad news for you Mr. Kapoor. The Game Is Over. "

With that I took off the ring from my finger and threw it on his confused face and stormed out of the restaurant.

On my way back, my tearfully blurred vision met with that young girl in the lobby and she gave me a sympathetic look.

She must have seen it all...  my personal life now was really a matter of sympathy. Just Great

I moved more hurriedly and got into a taxi to reach home . I just want to be away ... far away from him.

flashback Ends