Just Married

I sat down beside him while the priest chanted the Mantras. My heart was beating wilding.. I am finally going to get married. I will finally accept a relation that I was dreading , from today onwards a new phase of my life will start but.... on what note??

I felt my eyes shimmering with tears after every line of the Mantra. Kapoor uncle, his family and my family were all sitting around us looking at us with proud. I looked at them through my netted ghoonghat.

My mom's eyes were glassy.. I still remember how much she used to be excited about getting us married. She was the one who had given me hope that one day a man will come into my life who will tie my life with his in this beautiful relation and there onwards, I will become HIS forever. She used to tell me that marriage is not just accepting each other in life but becoming each other's life as well.

Marriage is the most beautiful and pure part that happens in a woman's life.. then why is mine so different?? Am I that unlucky??

I looked at my would be husband beside me, he was lost in his own thoughts. No hint of emotion... no concern.... Another lone tear escaped my eyes.

After several more Mantras, he tied the Mangalsutra around my neck making my heart beat more wildly

One step closer..

After that came the Kanyadan.. I glanced at my father, he looked so calm while doing it. A small drop of tear escaped from the corner of his eyes and he smiled adoringly at me.

Ritika was asked to lift my veil for the sindoordan.., Uday took a pinch of crimson and filled my partings. I silently cried trying my best to control my tears.

Another step closer..

The Priest finally asked us to get up to complete the marriage by Saat Phere.

We took turns around the fire and completed the ritual and the priest announced us married by saying

Vivah Sampann hua.

Closing all the distance.. finally His..

We went to our parents and took their blessings. Everyone seemed so happy. My mummy especially, she hugged me so tight that I almost couldn't breath for sometime.

"God bless you both bete.. I can't wait for you to come to my house and fill our lives with happiness. Welcome to the family. ", Kapoor uncle kissed my forehead and hugged me while Uday smiled.

Fakestar!!

After taking everyone's blessings, everyone chatted and joked. My sisters and Uday's cousin were all busy teasing us to which Uday kept smiling and I...well, I just rolled my eyes internally.

Behave Kanika, you are the bride... Remember.

Finally came the most awaiting part of this marriage.... Dinner Time

What?? Aren't the bride supposed to be hungry??

Everyone settled on their place around the table and we began to eat. Our cousins forcefully made Uday and me sit together. We sat beside each other and everyone hooted.

What so great about that.. Kuch bhi

I began eating as soon as food was served and everyone around us were talking, eating and enjoying. I was glad that nobody was paying attention to me. After many hours, I was finally feeling at peace.

My left side was suddenly nudged a little and I looked to find Uday signalling me something.

"Kya hai? ", I asked irritated stuffing a rosgulla in my mouth.