one

I blow out air as I rest my head on the palm of my hand. The fact that I was sitting here at home on an early Saturday morning going over math homework with someone I despised was yet another sad depressing episode of the life of Gabrielle Parrish. I hated every part of this considering I could be spending my time with people I actually enjoyed being present with.

Okay I'll admit, I wasn't exactly the brightest when it came to math, but who could blame me? This stuff is beyond extra and complicated and I'm sorry that I rather be watching Teen Wolf than going over irrelevant problems that I really didn't need in life.

I look over my shoulder briefly only to be snapped back into my work with the snapping of his fingers.

"Gabrielle! Focus for one minute! Our tutoring session is almost over and you not paying attention is not productive nor helping you out in any way, shape or form. You do realize you are here for a reason", Jack Gilinsky, my mentor, snaps rolling his eyes.

Ah yes, Jack Gilinsky. The pain in my ass and the cause of why I want to murder myself everyday.

He was always such an ass. He was uptight, rude, and not to mention a prick. He walked around as if he had a stick shoved up his ass. You would think he would be a little nicer compared to his soft features but no. His chocolate eyes and fragile lining was misleading because he was just another cocky boy who just happened to be good in math.

But he's always been like this since the day I met him (a tragic misfortunate, event in my life). In second grade he stole my crayons. In forth grade he pushed me off the swings. In eighth grade he told Brandon Snider that I had a crush on him (I did but he didn't have to know that at the given moment). Ever since we were little, Jack had been a complete ass to me and for no reason. It wasn't like I talked to him. My parents happened to be friends with his parents and I guess that just didn't settle well with him.

I groan as I roll my eyes for the hundredth time today.

"Can we just not do this? I hate this and I'm not understanding it any more than I was an hour ago." I run my hands through my hair as I blow air out again.

"Maybe if you paid attention, you would understand."

"I've been paying attention! I just don't understand", I throw my hands up dramatically.

"Come on Gabrielle. It's not that-"

"Jack can you just shut up?" I hated how smart he was and the fact that out of everyone, he had to be tutoring me. If my mom had just kept quiet about me failing math, this wouldn't have been a problem but no, she wanted to tell the mailman, the cashier, our orthodontist, the whole neighborhood block but worst of all, she told her best friend, Jacks mom. I didn't have a problem with it until he started being an ass but that's what he's know for. Jack fucking Gilinsky.

He rolls his eyes. "Just try. It's not that hard. You're not even trying Gabs."

"Don't call me that!" I cringe. That was the absolute worse nickname given possible and it all started because of my mother.

"Times up anyways." He grabs his supplies, shoving them in his bag.

I knew he was aggravated with me but I didn't care. I was just satisfied with the fact that I wouldn't have to be doing anymore of that god awful math. Why did I sign up for Pre-Calc?

I cross my arms like a child watching Jack as he neatly piled his things together, shoving his materials one by one in his bag. Once I saw that he was finished, I got up and headed towards the front door, walking Jack out. I can't help but feel a little guilty but that quickly fades away. He silently leaves and I close the door letting the breath I was holding out.

-

So, of course, this is just an introduction. I'm sorry if it didn't satisfy your needs. I will try harder with the next chapter and slowly it will progress from there on. Hopefully this book turns out pleasant and I actually finish it (because if you been around with me long enough, you know I'm terrible with updating, which, by the way, I'm working on, just for you guys). But to move along and not make this authors note the length of my chapters, I hope you all have a wonderful day/night wherever you are and stay safe.

xxx, Bryanna